Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Custom Block 

I have searched and tried many solutions from past post and still have no found a solution. I have done this in Joomla and Drupal with custom php modules. Basically what I have is a gaming website and the block needs to monitor the amount of people logged into the server. I already have the PHP code and it is ready to go. I cannot seem to figure out how to get the block to show. I can create a custom page here with my own PHP, I figured that out. I cannot get the page to show as a block.

reefcrazedSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Custom Block 

Did you read this thread?

http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8610

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Yep, I did it as option 2 since there were two options. And that part works, it creates the page like it said. I cannot get that page to show up as a block.

Let me add that I did not do it as the first option where it says "Create a CMS page (with the "central_block")" but no where do I see anything called a central block so I did not go that route.

reefcrazedSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

"central_block" is just a general name for any block with any other name you would like to call it.

You would be better to take any other block - copy all the associated files including the tpl file and rename them to "your.*" block etc and have play. Everywhere it refers by name to the block you copy - rename that function or name to "your.* block name etc. And then add your script.

Also, a link to your site would be useful providing it doesn't contain x-rated adult stuff or links to any of it.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Did you solve it?

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML