Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post I Can't Install The Chatbox Plugin 

Hi, there!

I can see the link chat in link navigations from "Home", here:

But when I click this link, appears this:

So I tried to upload the chat plugin from this link → http://www.icyphoenix.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=181

But I was not sure where do I have to add in FTP, and which files do I have to add... The instructions text file say:
Quote:
Here are the instructions to install this plugin on Icy Phoenix.

* Upload all files included in this package from "ip_root" to the root of your Icy Phoenix

* Go in ACP => Plugins, install the plugin and then reload ACP to make sure ACP modules are reloaded
Well, I added the plugin in "plugins" of FTP, and the plugin appeared in my ACP, but I don't know what is the next step, because I tried to add a parent block with the chatbox, but appeared an error.

Well, I need a tutorial, do you have some?  

I used the SEARCH, but all the topics are very old... I think is not convenient to follow this instructions, right?

I set the chatbox just below of the center column at "Home", but it shuts an error. I cannot to make a screenshot because the windows is like frozen. But the chat looks like this:

And the error message says:
Quote:
error: Lo sentimos, esta acción no se ha podido realizar. Por favor, inténtelo de nuevo. (Update: Acceso a esta dirección prohibido.)
Translate: "Error: we're sorry, this action has not realized, it couldn't. Please, try again (Update: Not-allowed acces to this direction)".

And also is a small check box saying: "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogue boxes.".

I'm going to check the small box, and we'll see...

I did it. But the small thing still running and running, and the chat doesn't work, and still appearing the error message with the small check box.

Well, it seems that I'm not going to be able to manage this forum... It's too very hard to me  

CristianitaSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: I Can't Install The Chatbox Plugin 

Just hang in there as this version of Icy Phoenix is "new" and maybe MG has missed something.

I'll have a look at it after I've had my breakfast.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
Just hang in there as this version of Icy Phoenix is "new" and maybe MG has missed something.

I'll have a look at it after I've had my breakfast.
Have a good one, dear friend!!  

Back to topPage bottom

Long breakfast - Had visitors..  

Cristianita wrote: [View Post]
But the small thing still running and running, and the chat doesn't work

I can't fault it and it appears that you have done everything right, but the problem with that the little spinner keeping turning indicates that your host doesn't allow AJAX applications to run.

If you don't have XAMPP on your PC then you should download it from here https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html - install it and do all of your testing on your PC - If everything works fine with XAMPP and then it should work with your hosting - If it doesn't then it's a hosting problem.

To be honest - Free hosting and their restrictions are always a problem one way or another.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

You're right, Mort... But I can't spend money in a project that I really don't know will be work or not. Besides you said that IcyPhoenix project is dying out   So what's the point?

It's not a good idea to spend time in this project either.  

There's no point...

Thank you very much, Mort. This is the end.

Back to topPage bottom

I hate to necro post but I just wanted to add how bad that would be if it died off. So many good projects are falling to the way side. Take us over at Integramod. We were going strong for a long time then it fizzled out in a very bad way.  

And I can't help but add that since Facebook has got so huge, MANY good sites are now long gone. Everyone stays on Facebook 24/7 now and so all companies and others just create a Facebook group/page instead of building websites. Too bad really.  

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

MWE_001 wrote: [View Post]
And I can't help but add that since Facebook has got so huge, MANY good sites are now long gone. Everyone stays on Facebook 24/7 now and so all companies and others just create a Facebook group/page instead of building websites. Too bad really.  

I totally agree on this...

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Right, it's not always easy competing against projects that have people dedicated to it...

I'd love it a whole lot as well if IP didn't die, alas, creating free time for MG is a superpower I don't have :(.

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Informpro wrote: [View Post]
Right, it's not always easy competing against projects that have people dedicated to it...

That's exactly the thing. I have been given static on websites in the past that oh Facebook can do it why can't you? Or back in the day it was MySpace can do it, surely you can to right? Uhhh yeah! If I had a dedicated team behind me. People just assume this stuff magically appears in our files and works and we upload it for them to enjoy. If only it were that easy.

You guys have all done an awesome job. IP is a great project. I just wish I would have came on board sooner!

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

MWE_001 wrote: [View Post]
You guys have all done an awesome job. IP is a great project. I just wish I would have came on board sooner!

Thank you... you are on board now...

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List