Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post AD&R 

Off Topic
:
If you enjoyed AD&R, you might've noticed I ported a hugely modded version to IP. It's only in french, but digging up the english files from each separate mode is easily doable - I have a huge folder with every adr mod ever

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: No Max Chars In Signature For Certain Usergroups 

So I was able to rack down the sig settings in the ACP, come to find out all it was was I WAS in fact tired last night.    However, most of the edits to this mod can not be done That I know of. I searched and looked at every file until i was blue in the face and none of the find lines are existent anymore? Maybe I'm just a moron. LOL who knows  

On that side note, I have MASSIVE amounts of AD&R files as well. If you ever want anyone to help translate to English. I have all the time in the world. I am not currently working. I lay in bed with a laptop most of the time or sit in a chair for a while as long as my back will allow me to do. My spine is very bad.  So yeah, look me up on that if needs be man. I'd be more than willing to help out with that project. Most of my AD&R days are long behind me as no one seems to want to play anymore, but I love modding the system!

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: No Max Chars In Signature For Certain Usergroups 

Off Topic
:
Quote:

On that side note, I have MASSIVE amounts of AD&R files as well. If you ever want anyone to help translate to English. I have all the time in the world. I am not currently working. I lay in bed with a laptop most of the time or sit in a chair for a while as long as my back will allow me to do. My spine is very bad.  So yeah, look me up on that if needs be man. I'd be more than willing to help out with that project. Most of my AD&R days are long behind me as no one seems to want to play anymore, but I love modding the system!
Oh, you have no idea how much I agree.
If you follow the link in my Signature, you'll see I installed many of the mods, and wrote some myself to make it looks a bit mode... Modern!

I'm currently cleaning it up a bit on my own premod software, then I'll port the new version to IP, and start adaptating the old <table structure to IP's more modern structure.

I also plan to release the french IP translation this month. Shouldn't be too long, I have <500 lines to translate to french still. But I'm focusing on AD&R ATM.

As for the ADR RPG translation to english, I think it should be very easy to do. You "just" need to pick the original files of the mod and stick them together.
I only have a few lang keys I made myself when I wrote/rewrote mods, but I can translate them myself, there are only around 20...

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: AD&amp;R 

Let me know in the future when she is ready to roll and I'll take it for a spin. I love AD&R. I enjoyed Rabbitoshi as well but it went by the way side as well. I specifically liked being able to use them in battle.

Oh and speaking of battle, I had been shut down a couple times back in the busy forum days and the file in question that got me shut down by my host was adr_battle.php I believe was the name. It was a sql HOG! Have you found any way to clean up some of the querys? If you have a busy site and say 30 or 40 playing (wishful thinking), the battle.php can all but shut down a server. it was just as bad of a file as the old trackback.php in aboyds and hyperions blog mod.

Back to topPage bottom

Yeah, the whole website it runs on uses caching heavily (i.e 0 requests on forum index), and I spent a lot of time tweaking the AD&R/mods internals to be more efficient.

(Note that Rabbitoshi is installed, and I fixed the remaining bugs left in 3.1.3)

Back to topPage bottom

Nice! That was the one killer to the whole mod was the battle.php file.

I think it will be awesome once you get it whipped in to final shape. Sounding good man!   I dang near got the AD&R bug again now  LOL. I love that mod.

Back to topPage bottom

I spend several dozen hours refactoring the codebase in general.

I pretty much rewrote the recipebook, the clanmod, townmap, and some other things.

I'm still fixing bugs. I think there are around 60 ADR addons installed, so it's a bit hard to have them work together... It's a bit like children, hehe, the more you install, the more likely they'll fight between themselves.

Once I'm happy with the stability, I'll port the new version to IP. And then I'll have a lot of work to do, because I'll need to convert the templates to not use the phpBB2 table style (the RPG will be working but ugly, until this step is done)

Back to topPage bottom

I actually jumped on my local host WAMP server tonight and played some. Did about 30 or so battles and traveled a few zones and worked on a few quests. Good times.

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List