Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Where To Report IP Bugs? 

Not sure if this is support or what so here goes.

No matter what template I am using, in the ACP or the CMS, if I attempt to use the little green or red arrows to move something such as a forum up or down, it is a no go. They will not move. Also, I have a few forums that I chose to place after a certain forum and it will stay on the bottom of the list. I can try to re position it all I want and it will not move. I tried using up and down arrows as well as editing the forum and once again trying to choose what forum I wanted it be after. It just wont go. Very minor bug in my opinion. Does not effect forum use at all or the blocks in CMS (Main Links so far is where I have found it).

I found one more and forgot to note it. Once I find it again I will report back. So far it is a very solid platform to build on.

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Where To Report IP Bugs? 

Are you running the latest version? Are you sure you didn't nest the forums one under the other?

It seems to work on my machine, so I'll need a little extra info :).

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi Informpro.

I have the latest version that came out. I am 100% positive I didn't nest them as I hve went back to each one multiple times and tried to move them with no such luck. I do have nested forums, but not these particular ones in question.

Just for the sake of doing so, I went back last night after I posted and started dropping random forums in just for the sake of doing so and sure enough here the issue came again. 2 out of 15 i created stayed at the bottom of the list of forums in a given category just because. I'll go back today and do some more testing but won't be able to let anyone know anything until tomorrow or until this post gets bumped I guess due to the 24 hour thing.

Back to topPage bottom

MWE_001 wrote: [View Post]
Not sure if this is support or what so here goes.

Report your issues here, if it is confirmed to be a bug, I will take note of it and hopefully fix.

Regarding your issue, I have just tried on my setup and it works fine... can you please try using another browser? Even if there is no JS magic behind... it is a plain link which reloads the full page.

I'll work on removing the 24 hours bump for some users...

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I have tried all 3 major browsers. IE , Firefox and Chrome. All 3 do it. If I use the little red or green arrows, the page does refresh, but the forum does not move up or down. as well, I attempted to move a forum by using the drop down menu in the settings where it says Place this forum after: and it still will not move.

Back to topPage bottom

I'd love a screenshot from your forum>management page, to see how many you have/how deep they're nested, please :-).

Back to topPage bottom

Apart from the screenshot that may help... can you please try to empty the cache after each click on the arrows? Just to make sure it isn't a cache issue (i.e.: cache folder permissions).

Back to topPage bottom

Sure one minute and I will run a quick test.

If you guys want, my site is pretty much a test board for right now. I can always make a test account and make it admin for you. I have no worries.

Let me go run and do that test real quick with cache and Ill come back and edit this post.

*EDIT* Well, not so sure my screenshots will help much but here goes.

This one was as I pressed the green up arrow.  http://prntscr.com/c3nlb8\

This one is after the button is pressed. Notice BBQ Brethren is still under ChicagoATC.Net?  http://prntscr.com/c3nmiw

Inside Drop down menu used to try and move the redirect :  http://prntscr.com/c3nmvi

And here is the result of the submit : http://prntscr.com/c3nnp8

After each attempt, I cleared cache in the CMS as well as in my browsers just to be sure.  Now this is not serious to me, just something I noticed and wanted to report it. I have 3 other forums in the list that refuse to move as well. and none of the arrows on any of the forums work at all for me.

if you guys are interested in a test account, please let me know. Right now I have to go to town I won't be back for an hour or two.

**EDIT**

Please ignore those prntscr screen links.

Here is the screenshots you guys asked for as to how far my forums are and how nested they are. as you can see, all I have is a category, a main thread and maybe a sub forum and that is it  and a couple site redirects tossed in there for test reasons.

screenshot_4

screenshot_5

screenshot_6

Last edited by MWE_001 on Wed 10 Aug, 2016 20:14; edited 2 times in total 
Back to topPage bottom

I'll bump for you... so you can post below this...

I'm going out in few minutes, so you may eventually share a Junior Admin account with Informpro, with just permissions to edit forums... so we can test other features.

(Please do not disclose passwords in public forum, use PM instead...)

Back to topPage bottom

I'm fine with that, but I won't be able to take a look ATM... Mobile browsing isn't very fun. I'm getting back home in a week.

Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
I'll bump for you... so you can post below this...

I'm going out in few minutes, so you may eventually share a Junior Admin account with Informpro, with just permissions to edit forums... so we can test other features.

(Please do not disclose passwords in public forum, use PM instead...)

Sorry! I was editing as you posted.   It seems we all need to run out for a bit  LOL so I will catch up to you guys here in a while. Take care and thanks for the help guys!

Back to topPage bottom

Well, mh... Does it only happen with redirections?

Back to topPage bottom

Nope. With redirect links as well as regular forums.

On a thought, I had my mother in law come by with her laptop and tablet both. I tried on both of her devices as well with the same issue. I am wondering if I can run my OBS software and record my screen and have you view a mp4 of the issue somehow. Hmmmm Ill do some testing real quick. If I can get a good recording, Ill link you to a mp4 you can download and view next week when you get back to a regular pc or something.

No hurry on this really. I just didn't know if it was a bug wand wanted to report it to you guys.

Back to topPage bottom

I'm convinced that you are having "cache" issues...

Can you try with a local setup by using XAMPP or similar?

Back to topPage bottom

I have a WAMP server and am going to be setting up a test IP on it today some point in time. I hope I can replicate the issue there.

I have to note, it is not all the forums or site redirect links that are added. It is only a very select few that this happens to. Just to be sure, I deleted every single forum and category and redirect that I had except the trash bin and reports that come with IP as default setup. Out of 25 combined total forums and site redirect, only 3 have this issue of not moving. So essentially, it is completely random when it happens.

Just for the heck of it, I made a quick video. I apologize for the cinematography being so bad. Was shot on a iPhone 5s by my wife. My finger is blatantly in the scenes due to me showing her where to record.

YouTube Link

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

HideSimilar Topics

Permissions List