Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post No Max Chars In Signature For Certain Usergroups 

This mod sets maximum signature characters to 9999 in the user groups you choose (the rest will have the limit you've chosen).

It can be especially useful for support forums, where moderators are used to have long signatures with some rules/information, but the administrator doesn't want the users to have such long signatures.

It is configurable through the ACP (ACP -> General -> Site -> Maximum signature length)

Greets!

No max chars in signature for certain usergroups.zip
Description: Read the txt file 
Download
Filename: No max chars in signature for certain usergroups.zip
Filesize: 2.39 KB
Downloaded: 490 Time(s)

KasLimonSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: No Max Chars In Signature For Certain Usergroups 

I want for me!!!

Thanks

ThE KuKaSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I installed this modification a few months ago, but it's worth noting this modification works perfectly with IP 1.2.0.27c.  

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I know this is very old. BUT how hard would it be to make it work now? This is right up my alley of what I am needing in a bad kind of way. It might be worth me taking a peek at tonight on a test install. If I ruin a test board, big deal

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Might not be too hard. I can't download it this week because I don't have a computer with internet handy.

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I started working on this last night. I figured if some edits were off, I could easily fix them up. I have been working on and integrating mods for years. My biggest achievement was integrating major AD&R mods together. WOW some of those were rough.

Anyway moving on, Right off the get go I ran in to an issue which I thought was easily solvable. I wanted me to put in a edit right below where in a ordinary phpBB forum the signature settings would be such as how many characters are allowed and images or not and all that. This version of IP is way different. So I went on a search to find the signature settings in the ACP and for the life of me I can not find them.    I think maybe I was tired and over looked them? Once I find those settings, i can then Identify what tpl file needs to be edited and keep moving on with the mod and see if it will work.

Take care!

Ray

Back to topPage bottom

MWE_001 wrote: [View Post]
However, most of the edits to this mod can not be done That I know of. I searched and looked at every file until i was blue in the face and none of the find lines are existent any more?

All of the "Old" mods suffer the same because the script for both Icy Phoenix and the latest Plugin/Mods are vastly different to the old format... And you would need to have a reasonable understanding of the Icy Phoenix script and templates to have any hope of making the old mods work once more.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Yeah I figured that out the hard way. I am pretty good with phpBB2 and somewhat with 3 but mainly with 2.x but this system has me baffled. I am learning though day by day. But this mod, is very badly needed by me. I may end up having to pony up some money to get it done if it can be. Added signature length was going to be a feature on my site for certain user groups. The way it is now, I don't see any way to differentiate.  

Back to topPage bottom

Yeah I figured that out the hard way. I am pretty good with phpBB2 and somewhat with 3 but mainly with 2.x but this system has me baffled. I am learning though day by day. But this mod, is very badly needed by me.

If you are willing to enable it for everyone, the edits should be really few and I can help in pointing you to the right direction...

What is tough is to allow only certain users/usergroups to have it at full length...

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Well certain usergroups is what I was after for 1 specifc goal I had in mind for a site wide feature but it's all good. No worries.

Essentially what was in the works was, images in signatures as well as more chars in signature would be a feature for a subscribing or "Donor" member as well as access to a few private forums. I have belonged to forums/websites where no one would donate, but if you tossed them a bone of any type (incentive) they would bite and donate to help off set costs. And, a regular member is not allowed to sell commercial products on site. If he or she wanted to upgrade membership and subscribe, one could allow them longer sigs as well as images too and access to vendor only forums.

But at any rate, it is no biggie to me. I can think of other avenues to work with.  

Back to topPage bottom

Moved AD&R stuff to here:

http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?p=60636#p60636

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Well certain usergroups is what I was after for 1 specifc goal I had in mind for a site wide feature but it's all good. No worries.

Essentially what was in the works was, images in signatures as well as more chars in signature would be a feature for a subscribing or "Donor" member as well as access to a few private forums. I have belonged to forums/websites where no one would donate, but if you tossed them a bone of any type (incentive) they would bite and donate to help off set costs. And, a regular member is not allowed to sell commercial products on site. If he or she wanted to upgrade membership and subscribe, one could allow them longer sigs as well as images too and access to vendor only forums.

But at any rate, it is no biggie to me. I can think of other avenues to work with.  

I understand what you mean... I will think to a solution for an easy integration with Groups, maybe using the new auth system which should allow more flexibility, but I need time for this.

May I ask you to open a brand new topic on this (Increasing Signature Max Chars) in General Support section? So when I have some time I will suggest at least the edits to increase that space.

mort wrote: [View Post]
Moved AD&R stuff...

Well done mort!

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List