Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Integramod And Icy Phoenix Questions 

Hello guys/gals.

I come from Integramod as an admin over there. I think it is safe to say, that project is DOA. I have a friend that has asked me if it is possible to port over his Integramod 1.4.1 phpBB2.0.23 to Icy Pheonix.

I have done a search and did find results. It is an old thread from 2009 with an old friend of mine in it DWho. Now ordinarily I would never have posted again about the same subject but due to the age of said subject, I was not sure if it was safe to say the same procedures still applied.

I will be right up front here. I have worked with phpBB 2.x for many years and still do but to this day, I have never ported anything over. Is this hard to do? I understand and have told him that he would loose his Full album pack, arcade and all other fancy mods as it would need to be a vanilla database to convert. And that is very easily understood why. When the man asked me, this is the first place that came to mind without putting a second thought to it. I have been lurking for years but never joined or posted. I like the system and think it would be his best plan of action at this point in time.

His board is not huge by any means. He has a tad over 1400 members and many categories and forums. it is not very lively right now since Facebook took hold so now is the time to convert if he is going to.

Thanks for taking a look at my post and sharing any info you may care to share. Have a great night! I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Ray

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Integramod And Icy Phoenix Questions 

Hi Ray,
First of all welcome here!

I have coded an upgrade procedure from vanilla phpbb 2.0.23 which should work fine: http://www.icyphoenix.com/docs/readme_english.html#upgrade_ip

Anyway, Full Album Pack is my "creature" (updated from original Smartor's Album) and it could be upgraded if you follow the procedure listed for Icy Phoenix 1.3... it may seem a bit complex, but with a bit of patience, you should succeed.

Should he need any support in converting I may help in the process.

Let me know.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Integramod And Icy Pheonix Questions 

Thanks for the welcome!

And I will go have a look at that link for the conversion. As far as the album pack goes, not sure I am going to need to do it or not to be honest. I'll discuss that with him further.

Back to topPage bottom

As far as I remember (I was a admin at IntegraMOD few years ago as well...) IntegraMOD didn't amend original DB structure of phpBB and its mod like Icy Phoenix does, so everything should work fine if you run the upgrade.

There also a cleanup tool to remove all unused files and db tables... but those should be tested on a backup first to make sure you won't miss anything important.

Back to topPage bottom

I never got that far in to things over there. I did do some minor work to IMPortal and released it at one point in time and did some very minor tweaking to Integramod. I never converted anything or packaged it up all together. Other than that, I mainly kept forums clean of spam and or problem children. Honestly what I DON"T know about all this stuff will fill a dictionary. I can install mods very easily and update databases to get said mods to work and that is about it. My means are very limited.

I'll have to check on the database tools if they can be found anywhere anymore and see if it is something I might be able to do. I have botched up more than 1 database in my time.  

Back to topPage bottom

MWE_001 wrote: [View Post]
I'll have to check on the database tools if they can be found anywhere anymore and see if it is something I might be able to do. I have botched up more than 1 database in my time.  

You will find everything within the install folder... install.php, database_update.php, clean_tables_ip.php, convert_utf8_nodbal.php...

Just remember that install.php is a multifunction file... after a setup you can relaunch it to display and run other maintenance features.

Back to topPage bottom

Oh ok well that's nice they are are all in one handy spot. LOL I like that.

Back to topPage bottom

Ok I went ahead and gave this a shot, it was a no go. I am not so sure I did it right to be honest. Am I supposed to clean the old integramod database up first? If so, how? If I try to use the Integramod config file, I get errors on screen and upgrade will go no further.

I gave it an  honest shot. I worked on it for 3 hours to no grounds gained at all. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Back to topPage bottom

As MG said, you don't really need to clean the database tables. It should work fine.

I think achaab wrote a script some time ago that cleaned the tables.

Make sure to backup your tables.

MG linked you to a procedure on how to proceed. I'm not sure which step went wrong for you, if you could explain it in a bit more details.

Or if you have an Integramod .zip that I could install to try for myself.

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi Informpro. Hope all is well.

Well, what I did was scrub the database and reverted the Integramod back to a standard run of the mill phpBB 2.0.23 So as far as Integramod goes, it is out of the equation now. Now I am working with a vanilla phpBB.

So I went HERE.

1. I logged in as admin and immediately went and locked the board even though it is on a WAMP server and no one can log in anyhow,
2. I backed up my new scrubbed database TWICE one in each location for redundancy. Grabbed a copy of the fresh phpBB2.0.23 forum that works perfect with new scrubbed database.
3. (this is where things go wrong) The guide now tells me to go follow the upgrade instructions for 2.0.0.86
4. #8 says to remove those folders. I don't have them anyhow but ok. Removed.
5. #9 says to remove all old IP files, once again, I don't have any it is phpBB 2.0.23 board I'm upgrading?
6. #10 says to pay close attention to those particular files maybe especially the config.php
7. #11 is self explanatory. Even a dummy like me knows how to unpack said files  
8. #12 Upload all IP files BUT config.php (so does that mean that my phpBB 2.0.23 config remains?
9. #13 permissions are a non deal here as it is localhost WAMP all files are writable at this point in time.
10. Run install/database_update.php  Done and it worked! WOOT!
11. Delete or rename install folder.

Now number 11 throws me for a loop as their is a conflict of interest going on. If I go back to upgrading from a phpBB, it says to once again, run the install/install.php to run further utilities. At this point in time, things go real wrong.

When I attempt to run the install.php at my localhost site which is on my wamp server  littleelm/install/install.php it refreshes and now I am at littleelm/install/install/install.php BUT the whole time at the top of the page it is telling me no config file is present. I left my phpBB2.0.23 config in place. Hmmm Ig I try to run it again, now I got to littleelm/install/install/install/install.php and over and over.

I know this is probably just a trivial end user problem but the instructions for a conversion are not so cut and dry. I believe it assumes one knows all there is to know about upgrading, downgrading and converting. Sometimes that is just not the case.

Now I know what I am about to link you to is VERY old, but the guy had the same exact issues I am having right down to the T including database issues. I can not go off of any of his procedures because it is so old but it gives me an idea that this is not just me. In one of his pictures he posts, it says his IP is up to date and then under the green box it has utilities he can run. I have never saw that a once. So he obviously made it a step further than what I did. Check This out.

I think I have covered step by step what I did or attempted to do. See anything in my post that I can try different? I don't know where I am going wrong.

Back to topPage bottom

At step 11, once the conversion is done, instead of going back to install/install.php, do this:

OPEN
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. config.php 

FIND
  1. define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true); 

REPLACE WITH
  1. define('IP_INSTALLED', true); 

And tell me if it works.

Back to topPage bottom

Step 18 tells me to re run the install and when I do, All I get is a white page, nothing on it. If I try the fix you suggested, I still get nothing but a white page on running the install.php

Just for giggles, I renamed the install folder and navigated to forum.php and still a white page.

Back to topPage bottom

I don't understand why you're at step 18 of 11?

Back to topPage bottom

Good catch and I should have explained better. My apologies.

I went to the config.php as you had suggested and tried the edits and it did not work.

Just to be certain I did not miss anything, I started from scratch and attempted it all again. When it instructed me to run the install.php, all I got was the white page. I then altered the config.php as you suggested and once again I got a white screen.

I stopped right there and posted.

I am on a WAMP server localhost. Server specs are as follows:

Apache version: 2.4.9
php version: 5.5.12
mysql version: 5.6.17

I do have a fresh website uploaded with a clean database ready to try again located on a live server so someone can see it in action. it is located at http://littleelmforums.com/icy/index.php

Back to topPage bottom

If I want to help you, trying out with a fresh phpBB.0.23 and upgrading to IP is what I need to do, right?

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List