Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post There Are Some Bugs In My Forum, Topics Are Moving To The Trash Forum And Forum Is Banning To A Member. 

Hi, guys!

Many days ago, I've noticed some issues, strange issues actually.

Many topics constantly are moving to the trash forum, I mean, by themselves... I have to move them one by one to their forum, but one day later, the same topics and others are moved again to the trash forum.

The other problem is that a member is being banned... Many times I had to move her again.

Do you know what is happening?

Woooow I can't believe it!!

I desconected of my forum yesterday, and now I'm loging and discover many topics are moving to the trash forum... Oh, noooo! I can't with this!! And again the member is banned

I need help, there are bugs in my forum  

CristianitaSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: There Are Some Bugs In My Forum, Topics Are Moving To The Trash Forum And Forum Is Banning To A Member. 

Nooooo, many topics are moved again!! Nooooo   And the member is also banned again!!

f7b1914abbb5aa8d5270bcc35cc3771d

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: There Are Some Bugs In My Forum, Topics Are Moving To The Trash Forum And Forum Is Banning To A Member. 

Can you view server logs at all to see the moment in time that this is happening? A database just can not move posts and ban users. Someone or something such as a cron job has to manipulate the database for this to happen.

Server logs would 100% tell the tale of the moved forums and banned members.

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I know where is log actions, and there are registers of actions to move  some topics to the trash forum. It says that I do did this actions, But it wasn't me.  

I don't know what is a cron job :/

Back to topPage bottom

It sounds like someone has gotten their hands on your password. First, check your mailbox to see if someone used the « forgotten password » feature. Then change your password on the forum.

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I've not received any message of password change, or requesting of lost password.

Today, some topics have being moved again, and the system says it was me, through my account.

I've changed my password, and we'll see...

Thanks, guys

By the way, I didn't receive any alert about my recent password change.I don't know why, and don't know how set up this option.

Looking for some message about it in my mailbox, I've discovered many messages warning about blue cards to some topics, maybe this is the reason to move them to the trash forum, could be?

But anyway, still the question, who or what is moving things in my forum...

Back to topPage bottom

It seems that you were right, Informpro... I've changed my password, and there is no more problems... Thanks!

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List