Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Picture Posting And Url Posting 

Im trying to include a image with the post but it doesnt appear in the post i just get the url to the image any help.

oscarxpSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Picture Posting And Url Posting 

Hi, are you using the buttons to generate the code?

If so the image may be too large or you may have gotten the link incorrect.

I know this is an old post but I got bored and clicked "View Unanswered Posts" in hopes that I could help and maybe.. just maybe.. these people are watching this topic, also marking SOLVED on all posts that have been solved to tidy up a bit

FrostSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

You can as another option;

Upload the image has an attachment within the post using the attachment feature, by default the attachment mod will allow the upload of .gifs, .jpg, .png, but not .bmp file extensions.

It is suggested though the image size is reduced to 800 pixels wide or less this will allow the image to be sized to fit most modern monitors set to a resolution 1024 x 768 or higher without the need for the generation of the horizontal scroll bar in IE or Firefox and/or other browsers.

Your other option would be to use the code "img]http://www.website.com/images/nameoffiletodisplay.jpg[/img" (I have taken out the opening and closing brace's so you can see the code line), what this does it point the code to a location on the web site were the image is stored, NOTE this only works if the image already exists in that location, if it does not then you will need to upload it to that location via FTP.

The final option is as stated before use the buttons at the top of the posting edit page, these will correctly insert the code for linking, but you will still have to link to an image that is already on the web site file store.

I also just spotted this option, if you click on the button at the top of the post edit page that looks like this image_add you will be directed to postimage.org which allows you to upload an image to their servers and then creates the link code for insertion into your post to display the image.

Hope this helps

DaggersSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

open

includes/bbcode.php

replace

Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. $html = '<a href="' . $params['src'] . '" target="_blank" title="' . $lang['OpenNewWindow'] . '">' . $html . '</a>'; 

with

Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. $html = $html; 

see ya  

ZukerSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List