Icy Phoenix

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. 
Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post FAP CUSTOMIZATION - An Extra All Pictures?? 

Ok I'm not sure if this is even possible or if it is it would probably take a lot of work but thought I'd ask. First let me tell you want I'm wanting to do, then I will tell you what I would be ok with if it was possible.

I have my gallery up and in the Public Galleries I have a gallery called

Digital Designers

THen under that I have categories (several of them, each designer)

Ideally what I would like to happen is when some one is browsing the gallery and they select the gallery Digital Designers I would like them to get the thumbnails of all the photos in the categories under it...as well as the go to the next page at the bottom.

So what I mean is I want the member to be able to browse through all the photos in the categories without having to select each one.

Right now in the configuration of the album I see too options. Show Recent Pics (which would work just fine if I could include the page thing at the bottom so they could scroll through all the pictures) or I see the option to get a no pic displayed.

If this is not possible or too much work the next best thing would be another category just like All Pictures (which has the page thing at the bottom) yet this one would not capture Personall Galleries.

Thanks
Colleen

HoneysmomSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: An Extra All Pictures?? 

Honeysmom wrote: [View Post]
Ok I'm not sure if this is even possible or if it is it would probably take a lot of work....

I'm not sure either, but if I was to look into it, let me see if I understand what you want.

You have a main category (Digital Designers) with several sub-categories and you want it where the thumbnails of all the subcats are displayed (w/pagination) when a user clicks the main cat.

You have other main cats and only want this feature for the one cat (Digital Designers) ?

Topic move to proper forum - FAP General Discussions And Customizations

ArtieSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
I would love to have it as well for other categories....BUT it is more important to have it on at least on the Digital Designer one.

HOw you explained it is exactly right. Designers are putting their product previews in the gallery and I want a customer to be able to browse through all the photos without having to click on each designer as it can get lenghy.

I have another main category just like this one but for stores. As I said I would love to have it for each of them but  I would definitely settle for just the one.

Thanks Artie for inquiring!
Colleen

HoneysmomSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

It would most likely be less work to include both (all)
I'll look into it as time allows, but  I make no promises.

Back to topPage bottom

I think your only option here would be to use the All Pictures link.... when clicked on from within any main category it would show all the subcat thumbnails (of that main cat) w/pagination.

Pros: The All Pictures link from the album index would still function as normal.

Cons: If users clicks on a thumbnail, they are now in album_showpage. Here they can only navigate through the category of the selected thumbnail.

Back to topPage bottom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List