Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post SOLVED. (sort Of) Possible Bug With Icy Using Firefox 

I suspect this belongs in the bug reporting forum, but I get a message saying only Moderators can start a new topic there so here I am...

Using Firefox 1.0, the FAQ page shows the questions, but not the answers to each faq. The categories can be expanded and collapsed, but only the questions appear. On refresh, the answers for any expanded categories flash breifly on screen then disapear, and the answers are there when the source is viewed.

It works properly in Internet Explorer 6.0. Expanding a category displays both questions and answers.

Last edited by ddv on Mon 19 Feb, 2007 03:33; edited 1 time in total 
ddvSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Possible Bug With Icy Using Firefox 

it is working OK here

difusSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

difus wrote: [View Post]
it is working OK here

"Here" meaning on your browser or icyphoenix.com?

Using Firefox, the same thing happens when I try to view the icyphoenix.com FAQ.  If you have no problem with Firefox, perhaps it's the version I'm using or perhaps the version of Java I have (1.5).

ddvSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi ddv,

it's working for me... I'm using FF 2.0.0.2

TheSteffenSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

TheSteffen wrote: [View Post]
Hi ddv,

it's working for me... I'm using FF 2.0.0.2

Sounds like it's browser-specific alright.

Dang. I've tried later versions of FF and didn't really like them. That's why I went back to 1.0.

ddvSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Is it working with IE?

I think it could be because of your Java. Maybe try to reinstall java software. But I'm not sure.

Back to topPage bottom

Is it working with IE?

I think it could be because of your Java. Maybe try to reinstall java software. But I'm not sure.

Yes it works in IE. Which kind of eliminates Java since both IE and FF use the same JRE. And I'm using the current version of Java (1.5 = Java 5 under the new versioning). I know that FF and IE differ in the way they get along with Java, but it's usually IE that doesn't play nice.

ddvSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Well, if it's working with IE, you don't need to reinstall.

So, I don't know the different between FF 1.0 and the other FF versions,

Sorry I can't help you.  

Back to topPage bottom

ddv wrote: [View Post]
Is it working with IE?

Yes it works in IE. Which kind of eliminates Java since both IE and FF use the same JRE. And I'm using the current version of Java (1.5 = Java 5 under the new versioning). I know that FF and IE differ in the way they get along with Java, but it's usually IE that doesn't play nice.

No, you are confusing Java with Javascript, these are two totally different things! This feature uses Javascript, and Javascript implementation can vary between different browsers. That said, there have been no changes in the javascript code used in the FAQ section to what has been used in phpBBXS, and that worked absolutely fine in firefox 1. Therefore, I suspect you should check your javascript settings in your browser!

moreteavicarSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

moreteavicar wrote: [View Post]

No, you are confusing Java with Javascript, these are two totally different things! This feature uses Javascript, and Javascript implementation can vary between different browsers. That said, there have been no changes in the javascript code used in the FAQ section to what has been used in phpBBXS, and that worked absolutely fine in firefox 1. Therefore, I suspect you should check your javascript settings in your browser!

You are correct. Java script was enabled but I had to turn on "Allow change images" under the Advanced tab, and now it works.

So rather than a bug report, I guess this can be a feature request -- please make it possible to click on the text of the question (as can be done on the text of the topics) to expand the answers. That way people like me who are too dumb to allow Java script to control the tiny image beside the question will still be able to access the answers.  

ddvSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: SOLVED. (sort Of) Possible Bug With Icy Using Firefox 

Seems to be working If I click on the "Question" not the button, the little button works too. If I understand.

ShaythongSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List