Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Adding Different Pages To Global Blocks 

Hi I'm a new comer to this mod I did try the previous phpBB XS a while back but it's taken me a while to get used to not using profile control panel.  Previously I had worked with phpbb plus then integramod but found the support to be rather lacking at the last site.  I posted things and a month later wouldn't have responses.  

Besides that I was wondering a few things as I got back into the groove of the changes.  I think the hacks list said this used im portal as the portal interface so I was wondering how to add other pages to the global blocks permissions.  Like say posting.php, profile_main.php and every other page.  I'm used to having that left side that is always active it makes my formatting look right.  How would I go about fixing this?

Also I was fooled by the New link.  I didn't realize that was for new posts and not new PMs.  With it being to the right of the profile link it logically made sense to me that it would be for PMs and not new topics.  Logically I would think either the new should be to the right of the forum link or the search link while a link for PMs would be to the right of the profile link.

Also I notice the way you guys deal with smileys.  I think this mod would be a good addition to phpBB XS as for the sake of organization Smilie Categories Hack.  

Here is a demo: h**p://mods.afkamm.co.uk/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=14

You really wouldn't have to even change anything you can apply the drop down menu right above the view all smileys button.  This would make it easier than just listing every smiley on the site and sifting through.

I was also curious if you guys had implemented sticky/persistent avatars on this mod?  Sticky/persistent avatars is a good mod to use as it keeps up the avatar the person had at the time of the post.

thanks for your time

Pogue MoranSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Adding Different Pages To Global Blocks 

Welcome @ Icy Phoenix Pogue Moran.

I'll try to answers your questions.

• Regarding IM Portal, I have heavily modified it to work in a way that I like, and it is now really different from the original mod. I didn't add the possibility to show global blocks in some pages because I thought that on some pages global blocks are unuseful. Anyway, if you want to enable global blocks everywhere, you can modify the code directly in page_header and page_tail...

This is the header...
    Code: [Download] [Hide]
    1. if( empty($gen_simple_header) && (!defined('HAS_DIED')) && (!defined('IN_LOGIN')) && ($importal_wide == true) && ($board_config['board_disable'] == false) )  
    2. {  
    3.     $template->assign_block_vars('switch_importal', array(  
    4.         'SPACER' => $images['spacer'],  
    5.         )  
    6.     );  
    8.     $template->set_filenames(array('portal_header' => 'portal_page_header.tpl'));  
    9.     portal_parse_blocks($portal_config['default_portal'], true, 'header');  
    10.     $template->assign_var('PORTAL_HEADER', portal_assign_var_from_handle($template, 'portal_header'));  
    12.     $template->set_filenames(array('portal_headerleft' => 'portal_page_headerleft.tpl'));  
    13.     if (portal_parse_blocks($portal_config['default_portal'], true, 'headerleft'))  
    14.     {  
    15.         $template->assign_var('HEADER_WIDTH', $portal_config['header_width']);  
    16.         $template->assign_var('PORTAL_HEADERLEFT', portal_assign_var_from_handle($template, 'portal_headerleft'));  
    17.     }  
    19.     $template->set_filenames(array('portal_headercenter' => 'portal_page_headercenter.tpl'));  
    20.     if (portal_parse_blocks($portal_config['default_portal'], true, 'headercenter'))  
    21.     {  
    22.         $template->assign_var('PORTAL_HEADERCENTER', portal_assign_var_from_handle($template, 'portal_headercenter'));  
    23.     }  

...and this is the footer part...

Code: [Download] [Hide]
    1. if( empty($gen_simple_header) && (!defined('HAS_DIED')) && (!defined('IN_LOGIN')) && ($importal_wide == true) && ($board_config['board_disable'] == false) )  
    2. {  
    3.     $template->set_filenames(array('portal_tailcenter' => 'portal_page_tailcenter.tpl'));  
    4.     if (portal_parse_blocks($portal_config['default_portal'], true, 'tailcenter'))  
    5.     {  
    6.         $template->assign_var('PORTAL_TAILCENTER', portal_assign_var_from_handle($template, 'portal_tailcenter'));  
    7.     }  
    9.     $template->set_filenames(array('portal_tailright' => 'portal_page_tailright.tpl'));  
    10.     if (portal_parse_blocks($portal_config['default_portal'], true, 'tailright'))  
    11.     {  
    12.         $template->assign_var('FOOTER_WIDTH', $portal_config['footer_width']);  
    13.         $template->assign_var('PORTAL_TAILRIGHT', portal_assign_var_from_handle($template, 'portal_tailright'));  
    14.     }  
    16.     $template->set_filenames(array('portal_tail' => 'portal_page_tail.tpl'));  
    17.     portal_parse_blocks($portal_config['default_portal'], true, 'tail');  
    18.     $template->assign_var('PORTAL_TAIL', portal_assign_var_from_handle($template, 'portal_tail'));  

I wouldn't modify this... but if you really need it...

• Regarding the NEW link, I may move it... honestly I didn't pay too much attention to this until today.
  • Regarding smileys category, I didn't like too much this mod, that's why I've just implemented the pagination leaving the possibility to choose the number of smileys.
  • Sticky avatar won't be included in Icy Phoenix, because it requires extra SQL to be included in the post table, which I would like to keep ad light as possible.

Thank you very much for your feedbacks.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List