Icy Phoenix

     
 


Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. 
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post How To Customize 
 
hello,
I do realize I sound stupid   but I donot have any knowledge about PHP..have downloaded  and now i wnat to customize my forum.
like
1. change the search words site description ( rightnow it describes icy phoneix)
2.change the user block, icon styles etc..

thats for starters for me..
can some please direct me where to look in the forum section..
thank you...
 



 
sangeetSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us
 
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
I think i have messed something now       
its showing this error..


Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/vikram/public_html/includes/def_themes.php on line 2
 



 
sangeetSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
What exactly did you do, before you got that error?

For you're questions, I'm not really sure how to change the search, probably somewhere in a portal.tpl file

As for the user block just scroll down and click "Edit this page"   .
 



 
Press 22Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
What exactly did you do, before you got that error?

For you're questions, I'm not really sure how to change the search, probably somewhere in a portal.tpl file

As for the user block just scroll down and click "Edit this page"   .

I was in this section..
styles and templets( trying to see what all it has)..   and then at the end there was a option to FTP ..i beleive in (setting or default style section in styles and templets) ..so i only enetered teh name of site and to use that FTP feature( thinking it will let me edit the page to add the site description i want instead of ice phoenix site desription ) and as soon as i did that i got this error message and now nothing comes ..even my site doesnt open..it says this error....

Iam not even sure if i make any sense
 



 
sangeetSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
What exactly did you do, before you got that error?

For you're questions, I'm not really sure how to change the search, probably somewhere in a portal.tpl file

As for the user block just scroll down and click "Edit this page"   .

about user block ..now i will only know once i can get the site back..   
 



 
sangeetSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
Your service provider might be having a DB problem, link me to your page.
 



 
Press 22Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
Your service provider might be having a DB problem, link me to your page.

its  http://suraursangeet.com/...
 



 
sangeetSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
sangeet wrote: [View Post]
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
Your service provider might be having a DB problem, link me to your page.

its  http://suraursangeet.com/...


Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
Ok, Go to your Includes folder and find "def_themes.php" file and delete it, then upload this file with the name "def_themes.php" and you should be set.


def_themes.rar
Description: this one. 
Download
Filename: def_themes.rar
Filesize: 493 Bytes
Downloaded: 111 Time(s)

 



 
Press 22Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
sangeet wrote: [View Post]
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
Your service provider might be having a DB problem, link me to your page.

its  http://suraursangeet.com/...


Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
Ok, Go to your Includes folder and find "def_themes.php" file and delete it, then upload this file with the name "def_themes.php" and you should be set.

thanks but the file ( below is) def_themes.rar and not def_themes.php...i deletee the previous file and downloaded this one and still its same now i cannot even see the ACP options
 



 
sangeetSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
sangeet wrote: [View Post]
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
Your service provider might be having a DB problem, link me to your page.

its  http://suraursangeet.com/...


Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
Ok, Go to your Includes folder and find "def_themes.php" file and delete it, then upload this file with the name "def_themes.php" and you should be set.

thanks but the file ( below is) def_themes.rar and not def_themes.php...i deletee the previous file and downloaded this one and still its same now i cannot even see the ACP options
 



 
sangeetSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
sangeet wrote: [View Post]
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
sangeet wrote: [View Post]
[quote user="Press 22" post="17668"]Your service provider might be having a DB problem, link me to your page.[/quote]
its  http://suraursangeet.com/...


Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
Ok, Go to your Includes folder and find "def_themes.php" file and delete it, then upload this file with the name "def_themes.php" and you should be set.

thanks but the file ( below is) def_themes.rar and not def_themes.php...i deletee the previous file and downloaded this one and still its same now i cannot even see the ACP options


but .rar it's a zipped version

you have to unzip it

try winrar
 




____________
? Zuker - EDDB - LPM - Sharefields
 
ZukerSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
you have to unzip it (its a rar file, it contains def_themes.php inside)

LOL, I don't think I'm the best help, Zurker is much beter.  
 



 
Press 22Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
you have to unzip it (its a rar file, it contains def_themes.php inside)

LOL, I don't think I'm the best help, Zurker is much beter.  

No you have tried its me who donot understand... ...
 



 
sangeetSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
Zuker wrote: [View Post]
sangeet wrote: [View Post]
Press 22 wrote: [View Post]
[quote user="sangeet" post="17669"][quote user="Press 22" post="17668"]Your service provider might be having a DB problem, link me to your page.[/quote]
its  http://suraursangeet.com/...[/quote]

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
Ok, Go to your Includes folder and find "def_themes.php" file and delete it, then upload this file with the name "def_themes.php" and you should be set.

thanks but the file ( below is) def_themes.rar and not def_themes.php...i deletee the previous file and downloaded this one and still its same now i cannot even see the ACP options


but .rar it's a zipped version

you have to unzip it

try winrar

winrar..do i have to buy this  software  
 



 
sangeetSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: How To Customize 
 
Yes, but theres a trial that you can use for 30 days, that'll work, and for future don't mess with files or anything unless you know what its doing.            
 




____________
Running two Icy forums on one server
 
Press 22Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next


Display posts from previous:    

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML




 
Permissions List
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot vote in polls
You cannot attach files
You can download files
You cannot post calendar events


  

 

  cron