I like to seek the expert here pertaining to DB migration.
I am currently running a phpbb 2x forum. I love to migrate to Icy Phoenix, but i like to duplicate it to run on a subdomain instead (Example: current pbpbb board on ***.domainname.com, to create a forum.domainname.com, install with phpbb and a duplicate of my DB from main domain and upgrade to Icy Phoenix)
However, i can backup my DB (example phpbb_data.sql), but i don't know how to create replicate another phpbb_data.sql onto the server. Using phpmyadmin?
I want to do is this..
1) Backup my DB from ww.domainname.com
2) Restore a copy of DB phpbb_data and rename to phpbb_data1.sql on my SQL server.
3) install phpbb 2xx onto forum.domainname.com
4) config DB to phpbb.data1.sql
5) convert forum.domainname.com phpbb 2xx to Icy Phoenix
However, i not too sure how to restore a copy of DB phpbb_data and rename to phpbb_data1.sql on my SQL server.
Any kind heart out there to help?