Icy Phoenix

     
 


Post new topic  Reply to topic 
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Header Image Background 
 
Hi,

I have installed, set up my site up run good so far, but not in public yet.   I want o create a header image background , but could not do it right.  I am not good @ designing, it come out either small, stretch or too big.  I have searched here and Template & Style forum, but did not find what i am looking for.  Can anyone show me how to it?  BTW, I am using IP and MilkyWay.

Thank you so much,

xmen
 



 
xmenfileSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us
 
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
I would be glad to help just let me know what you need.  
 




____________
Running two Icy forums on one server
 
Press 22Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
Thank you Press 22,

I have this pic and would like to know how to make it as header background.

magj93.jpg
Description:  
Download
Filename: magj93.jpg
Filesize: 53.3 KB
Downloaded: 98 Time(s)

 



 
xmenfileSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
do you want to resize that image for being a header?
 




____________
? Zuker - EDDB - LPM - Sharefields
 
ZukerSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
Absolutely yes.   I don't want my header that big.  I am sorry abou that.
 



 
xmenfileSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
xmenfile wrote: [View Post]
Absolutely yes.   I don't want my header that big.  I am sorry abou that.


What size do u want
 




____________
? Zuker - EDDB - LPM - Sharefields
 
ZukerSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
I want it standard size for milky way.  but if you can tell me how it could be done?  I try to it my own, i appreciate it.
 



 
xmenfileSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/15/header.jpg

970 * 150, milky header size
 




____________
? Zuker - EDDB - LPM - Sharefields
 
ZukerSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
Zuker wrote: [View Post]
http://www.icyphoenix.com/files/images/15/header.jpg

970 * 150, milky header size


Thank you Zuker, i did not know it 's 970 in width.   I read it somewhere it's 730 or 1024 that's why i could not make it fit.  

Thank you again, cheers
 



 
xmenfileSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
I think we have, had, the same problem.

I used the size dimensions mentioned by Zuker for my banner and it almost works.  I have attached a screenshot of my banner problem.



Every time I try to increase the length of my banner through Photoshop, it pushes the site to the right, leaving that gray line on the right.  If you look closely, you'll see the problem.  The height is perfect.  There has got to be something in the code that keeps pushing the site to the right when I add the banner.

I'm using the Black Pearl template, editing overall_header_bl, and running IP 1.1.10.25 RC3.

You can take a "live" look at the problem at http://www.thelocclan.com
 




____________
| Icy Phoenix ColorizeIt! |
Bipolar Disorder - Not good for you and definitely not good for everyone else.
 
Last edited by Chaotic on Wed 06 Feb, 2008 16:06; edited 1 time in total 
ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
Chaotic wrote: [View Post]
I think we have, had, the same problem.

I used the size dimensions mentioned by Zuker for my banner and it almost works.  I have attached a screenshot of my banner problem.



Every time I try to increase the length of my banner through Photoshop, it pushes the site to the right, leaving that gray line on the right.  If you look closely, you'll see the problem.  The height is perfect.  There has got to be something in the code that keeps pushing the site to the right when I add the banner.

I'm using the Black Pearl template, editing overall_header_bl, and running IP 1.1.10.25 RC3.

You can take a "live" look at the problem at http://www.thelocclan.com


Your header it's right sized
 




____________
? Zuker - EDDB - LPM - Sharefields
 
ZukerSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
I need some helps please.  I need to set it as background, replace the orange background. Look at what I did, it's not right.  Please let me know what file and how to fix it?

Thanks a bunch,  



Solved

Thank you , cheers

 



 
Last edited by xmenfile on Thu 07 Feb, 2008 05:04; edited 2 times in total 
xmenfileSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
Zuker wrote: [View Post]
Chaotic wrote: [View Post]
I think we have, had, the same problem.

I used the size dimensions mentioned by Zuker for my banner and it almost works.  I have attached a screenshot of my banner problem.



Every time I try to increase the length of my banner through Photoshop, it pushes the site to the right, leaving that gray line on the right.  If you look closely, you'll see the problem.  The height is perfect.  There has got to be something in the code that keeps pushing the site to the right when I add the banner.

I'm using the Black Pearl template, editing overall_header_bl, and running IP 1.1.10.25 RC3.

You can take a "live" look at the problem at http://www.thelocclan.com


Your header it's right sized


Have any idea what could be causing the gray area on the right of the banner?  Here is my overall_header_bl.tpl file:

Spoiler: [ Show ]

 




____________
| Icy Phoenix ColorizeIt! |
Bipolar Disorder - Not good for you and definitely not good for everyone else.
 
ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
Well, it depends on how do you want to set it.  In you case, you set it as a logo like IP on this site, insteads your is bigger.  It looks fine if anyone view it in small screen, but it stretch out if it's bigger screen than your logo size.  Mine, i set it as a background, no link when you move mouseover.  If you do my way, then you'll need to edit it in the style_p_black.css file.  I hope, that helps.  

good luck
 



 
xmenfileSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Header Image Background 
 
xmenfile wrote: [View Post]
Well, it depends on how do you want to set it.  In you case, you set it as a logo like IP on this site, insteads your is bigger.  It looks fine if anyone view it in small screen, but it stretch out if it's bigger screen than your logo size.  Mine, i set it as a background, no link when you move mouseover.  If you do my way, then you'll need to edit it in the style_p_black.css file.  I hope, that helps.  

good luck


Are you using Icy Phoenix 1.1.10.25 RC3?

I know this sounds stupid but where in the file (style_p_black.css) do I make the changes?  I think I have the general area narrowed down:

Spoiler: [ Show ]


Is that the correct area and if it is, where do I make the change?

Thanks for your help.
 




____________
| Icy Phoenix ColorizeIt! |
Bipolar Disorder - Not good for you and definitely not good for everyone else.
 
ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post new topic  Reply to topic  Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next


Display posts from previous:    

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML




 
Permissions List
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot vote in polls
You cannot attach files
You can download files
You cannot post calendar events