Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Some General Queries About Icy Phoenix 

hello
i am going to install a forum board in my site. and this one looks quite good. only problem is its running on phpbb2
do u guys plan on keep upgrading to phpbb3? i mean upgrade ur this version to 3 not another different phpbb3 pack. and make it actually easier not complicated! :<
how do i change my site title after installing the forum? u know when i log in to the forum it says "yourdomina.com" on top of browser title bar. where do i change that? and when i click on forum link it says "Forum" on top; i want to change that too
is this pack of urs support any kind of phpbb2 mod? or do u guys make different mods only for ur board? if thats the case will i get everything here?
can i add/modify or remove mods and stuff from ur pack? or is complicated and hard to do? i am asking coz i am no expert in that field. i will be relying on ur directions if i want to add or remove anything LOL

thats it for now.
i have downloaded and installed you latest release. its cool but kind of complicated to configure
but i guess i can get help here. just hope u guys gimme fast feed back

Edited by Guest, Fri 08 Aug, 2008 16:07: Edit the Title
uttejonaSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Some Queries 

Please take your time to explore and learn Icy Phoenix as most of your questions are either answered in the instructions as you progress through the ACP, or are answered in the documentaion forum here.

And NO! you can't simply add phpBB2* mods to Icy Phoenix, unless you have at least a reasonable understanding of both systems.

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Some Queries 

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
Please take your time to explore and learn Icy Phoenix as most of your questions are either answered in the instructions as you progress through the ACP, or are answered in the documentaion forum here.

And NO! you can't simply add phpBB2* mods to Icy Phoenix, unless you have at least a reasonable understanding of both systems.

well yes i understand that much. but i see most of them are already modified to work with this forum.
its kind of hard to find options in the ACP LOL i really cudnt find from where i can chage the page title for my forum and portal. when i am viewing my portal it says "yourdomain.com" on my browser title bar and when i view forum it says "Forum" on my browser title bar. i want to change these two and i can change them in phpbb2 and phpbb3 just cant find there option in IP ACP :s
BTW in the portal page i noticed there are some blocked where theres an image op a white phoniex in both sides. can i replace that? if so how?

i did search for these things but cudnt find anything so i am asking again. hope i'll get an answer or u can kindly gimme the link me to those topics?
thanks

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Some General Queries About Icy Phoenix 

I'm not sure what your last slave died of? - but I suggest you spend some time exploring your "New" forum and the posts and documents here.

Your questions have been answered many times - those that haven't will only come by your own effort in learning what is where in the ACP, and not resort to asking questions each time you can't easily find something, or are too lazy to look and learn.

Back to topPage bottom

LOL alrite man i get it. m not the only lazy and cocky one alive on earth  

i did search just cudnt find them thats y i am asking.
and u cant possible ask someone to explore the whole forum and read every single thing since its not a tiny one. if u dnt want to help jst stay quite

Back to topPage bottom

Around phpbb3 coverting:

Staff do not exactly know around that, so you will have to ask MG, god of Icy phoenix.

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

novice programmer wrote: [View Post]
Around phpbb3 coverting:

Staff do not exactly know around that, so you will have to ask MG, god of Icy phoenix.

okay so do i pvt him my questions? or post a topic somewhere?

Back to topPage bottom

uttejona wrote: [View Post]
novice programmer wrote: [View Post]
Around phpbb3 coverting:

okay so do i pvt him my questions? or post a topic somewhere?

It is better to PM him.

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List