Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Adjusting The Width In Blackpearl Problem 

Hello,

I have a little problem with the Blackpearl theme using phpbb3. I adjusted the global width of Blackpearl setting it to 800px. That works perfectly. The only little problem is that when I try to "report a post" the screen widens again above the 800px. Can somebody please tell me if there is a fix for this? Thanks for your help.

Ton1512Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Adjusting The Width In Blackpearl Problem 

can you provide me link and test user and pass to see the problem please ?

EDIT

ok ..look try this

open your black_pearltemplatereport_body.html

find
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
<table class="tablebg" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

replace with
<table class="tablebg" width="80%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

if this dont help , maybe its better that you send me your reduced version of "black pearl template"  

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thank you for looking. I adjusted the code as you showed, but it doesn't help. How can I sent you the reduced version of the black pearl template?

Back to topPage bottom

Ton1512 wrote: [View Post]
Thank you for looking. I adjusted the code as you showed, but it doesn't help. How can I sent you the reduced version of the black pearl template?

download it from your server , add it into .rar or .zip and if is below 2 mb , put it here like attachment  

PS i forget ... affter you made changes like i sad , did you emptyed cache ? you gona dont see any change if you dont  empty cache

Back to topPage bottom

Do you mean the template directory or the total blackperal directory?

Back to topPage bottom

Do you mean the template directory or the total blackperal directory?

all root total exept this file tpl_black_pearl__mg_config.html.php

Back to topPage bottom

Limun wrote: [View Post]

download it from your server , add it into .rar or .zip and if is below 2 mb , put it here like attachment  

PS i forget ... affter you made changes like i sad , did you emptyed cache ? you gona dont see any change if you dont  empty cache

Yes I did that.

Back to topPage bottom

look how i see your page on my localhost , i think is messed something because also your rows are "not so addapted"
 reduc

but i played a bit with it so let see if gona work also for you (i m not shure)

so in stylesheet.css
change
#wrapper{
    /* clear: both; */
    margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
    width: 90%;
    /* width: 90%; */
}

with
#wrapper{
    /* clear: both; */
    margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
    width: 100%;
    /* width: 90%; */
}

and in overall_header.html
find
<!-- <div id="wrapper"> -->
<div style="width:{$MG_GLOBAL_WIDTH};clear:both;margin: 0 auto;">

replace with
<div id="wrapper">
<!-- <div style="width:{$MG_GLOBAL_WIDTH};clear:both;margin: 0 auto;"> -->

also change  font-size to : 10px in your stijl.css

empty cache exept this file tpl_black_pearl__mg_config.html.php

u shoud get like this

yyy

please backup this 2 files stylesheet.css and overall_header.html before you try my changes

please let me know if this helped  

Back to topPage bottom

I adjusted the codes as you pointed out. But when I change the width in #wrapper to 90%, the blackpearl template is not in the middle of my site (between the brown lines). So I changed the width in #wrapper to 792px. After this it is straight in the middle ( within IE and Firefox) Thanks for this. But the report a post screen still jumps over the brownline at the right side. Could this be a browser issue? You are using Opera I think and there the report this post screen looks good.

Back to topPage bottom

I adjusted the codes as you pointed out. But when I change the width in #wrapper to 90%, the blackpearl template is not in the middle of my site (between the brown lines). So I changed the width in #wrapper to 792px. After this it is straight in the middle ( within IE and Firefox) Thanks for this. But the report a post screen still jumps over the brownline at the right side. Could this be a browser issue? You are using Opera I think and there the report this post screen looks good.

noo look again my post ... put wrapper to 100%
i tryed  with opera , FF , and IE and it work for me

did you emtyed cache ? in root of your forum ? all exept this file tpl_black_pearl__mg_config.html.php

Back to topPage bottom

did you emtyed cache ? in root of your forum ? all exept this file tpl_black_pearl__mg_config.html.php

Well I put it back to 100% but still the "report a post screen" jumps out of the lines. I emtptied the cache via the ACP menu. Is that correct?

Back to topPage bottom

Well I put it back to 100% but still the "report a post screen" jumps out of the lines. I emtptied the cache via the ACP menu. Is that correct?

no , try please in root folder of your phpbb3 forum

but dont delete tpl_black_pearl__mg_config.html.php

Back to topPage bottom

[quote user="Ton1512" post="32435"]I adjusted the codes as you pointed out. But when I change the width in #wrapper to 90%, the blackpearl template is not in the middle of my site (between the brown lines). So I changed the width in #wrapper to 792px. After this it is straight in the middle ( within IE and Firefox) Thanks for this. But the report a post screen still jumps over the brownline at the right side. Could this be a browser issue? You are using Opera I think and there the report this post screen looks good.[/quote]

no , try please in root folder of your phpbb3 forum

but dont delete tpl_black_pearl__mg_config.html.php

Limun, I think I'm quit stupid but I don't know how to do that. I can do a clear cache in the ACPunder general  or in styles and under templates clear the cache. I don't know how I can skip to delete tpl_black_pearl__mg_config.html.php

Back to topPage bottom

no man , u are not stupid
folder cache with files inside are in your root directory , and you can see it if you use some ftp editor or via CP of your server (not ACP in your site)

so ...where you uploated your phpbb3 files when you instaled this forum - there is also cache folder...

i m asking you to empty that cache folder because i done see any changes

and take a look to one one other change ...

your
 your

and mine with your style (this how its correct)
 yourmine

report now work corectly on my site with your template , so i supose :
1. cache problem (we will see when you empty it)
2. you didnt added corectly something
3. maybe i m doing something wrong (but i think no because on my site now work perfectly)

Back to topPage bottom

I have cleared the cache as you told me. But this is what I get

xs4me2.net

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL