Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Icy Phoenix 1.2.18.45 Beta 1 

Hi all,
after some months of development I have decided to release a new beta to test the new features included in Icy Phoenix.

What's New

• CMS Administration recoded with new features (some AJAX) and restyled
  • CMS Blocks and Layouts recoded from scratch to increase flexibility and performance (now block style is in a single file to help designing new styles)
  • New template structure: it is now possible to create brand new templates by just creating a CSS and a CFG file, this will reduce the number of files needed for each template, reducing also the job in case of updates or customizations; not only, you will be able to easily create combinations between different templates without having to duplicate directory structure
  • Common CMS and ACP templates now fully independent from all other templates
  • Common JS and CSS in common folder and possibility to include extra CSS and JS via PHP without editing TPL
  • Some Functions and other common includes splitted among several files to reduce memory charge and increase performance
  • Created new overall vars and switches to increase flexibility and performances (old switches were based upon loops, new ones are based on conditions, which are faster to be processed)
  • English language files grammatically reviewed (thanks Lopalong!) and in some cases updated to the new phpBB 3 format
  • New Junior Admin permission which gives full admin power while in the forum but restricted in ACP and CMS (ACP modules can be assigned via Junior Admin management and CMS permission for CMS management)
  • Brand new Statistics system which integrates new features and replace also old Site History page
  • Bots Parsing now is DB dependent and bots can now have REG access... also you can now add a switch for bots in TPL files to avoid bots spidering something you don't want them to
  • URL Rewrite modified to be more efficient
  • Print Page improved
  • Added Google Search page to be used alternatively the standard search system, this will reduce the charge on your server
  • Colorize username function recoded to reduce looping and cache issues with a large userbase
  • Recoded caching system which in older Icy Phoenix version was proved to fail for high traffic sites: this new way to cache should be more efficient and should reduce CPU charge under stressing condition
  • Birthdays and Calendar should now use less resources than before, again big sites will benefit from this
  • New CRON system which should be easier to be customized and improved... basic functions already added, new features to come with future versions...
  • Created new user related functions to simplify Icy Phoenix integration and coding: user_get_avatar, build_im_link, PM Class, generate_user_info
  • AJAX Sorting in some ACP and CMS pages to speed up things in administrating things
  • New Recent function allowing admins to track latest users activity
  • Forums Sorting capabilities both by adding alphabetical sorts and columns headers links
  • Higher Lang Encoding compatibility
  • Mass PM feature integrated in Mass Email section
  • Brand new Ads and Banners system
  • Many smaller updates and features... install the beta to discover all of them!

Support

Regarding the support for beta, I'll quote phpBB beta release statement:
Acyd Burn wrote: 
During the beta phase a minimal level of support will be given. We will provide answers to general setup questions, configuration problems and support for determining common problems mostly related to bugs. We will not support modifications, custom code/style additions or any users using the beta packages within a live environment.

For some support questions or bug reports we may ask you to re-install the beta, clean tables in the database, purge data or other actions which are not advised to do in a live environment. So please be aware that you are still on your own if you run the beta in such an environment.

Beginning with the release candidates full support will be given.

Please note that if you decide to install this package or upgrade your existing site into live environments, you do it at your own risk... and you may not be able to recover your all datas in case something goes wrong. Do it only if you know really well what you are doing.

As usual, no code changes will be released, and won't probably be released for any version in the future. This is because the package is quite huge and writing code changes requires much time: as I already said in the past, I prefer to focus my free time on developing the package instead of writing huge code changes that could be difficult to be applied. Trust me, in most cases it is quicker to replace old files with new ones and reapply eventually added mods (you should take note of the mods you have applied). My efforts will be dedicated to the upgrade procedures to allow you to upgrade your sites with the smallest unexpected issues.

Anyway for final release, I'll try to provide a changed files package and a small template changes guide... or at least a list with the changed files for those who have modded their site or released templates. I'll try to give translators a list of changed files as well.

Available Packages

Since this is a beta package, I prefer to release an all in one package which includes in several folders all the extras and templates. I know that this means having a bigger file, but I don't want users trying to install extras in the latest stable release, because with high probability modifications for older Icy Phoenix versions won't work in newer releases, because of the new modifications I made to the core files.

Currently available is only a single big pack.

Icy Phoenix 1.2.18.45 Beta 1
Package Name: Icy Phoenix
Package Version: 1.2.18.45 Beta 1
Release Spot: Pay attention to $_REQUEST parsing...

DOWNLOAD: Icy Phoenix 1.2.18.45 Beta 1

Should you ask for support, please remember that this is an open source community and me and all the Staff are doing all for free and in their spare time... be kind, be patient and respect other users efforts and hard work.

Enjoy Icy Phoenix!
Luca Libralato

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Icy Phoenix 1.2.18.45 Beta 1 

Great!

I will be not as active as I wish around the web due to RL issues for some time....

Anyway, I will try the beta.

Now I'm going to review all the 526 new posts.

See ya!

PS: I have not even left you to add the DL to the downloads section

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Love the new features.  

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

thank you for all your work!

@all german people
a lang german beta is under construction for this beta of icyphoenix

New PlayerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks Luca for new beta...

Working in Spanish translation files.

ThE KuKaSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

KuKa

if you need some help give me a shout.

Thanks for this version Luca. I´ve been waiting for it, cause i´ve just decided to change my site to a new design and Limun told me that the templates from 1.2.27 want work on the new version. I hope that if i make the new design with 1.2.18.45 beta they will run aswell in the ultimate version then.

Thanks again for this great job Luca .
Downloading and testing

I´ve got problems installing Beta.

it run´s into an internal server error on install.
wonder why cause in 1.2.0.27 this did not happen.
or could this be a bug ???
It look´s like all db files are created ( checked 148 files in db) but the installer does not pass the page with the installing questions. direktly afterwards it says "encountert internal server error".

no ideaa what happens??
somethings wrong.

i´m probably going to upload the files again and try again then.
maybe something got lost on the way.

any ideas Luca????

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

New Player wrote: [View Post]
thank you for all your work!

@all german people
a lang german beta is under construction for this beta of icyphoenix

Good to hear.  
If you need some help in translation, here i am...  

stunnah83Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Off Topic
:
spydie wrote: [View Post]
KuKa

if you need some help give me a shout.

Icy Phoenix Spain team is working in translation Spanish spydie

ThE KuKaSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi All

I have uploaded and installed the new version but I am having some difficulties. The installation proceeded without any problems all the way through to the very last section which tells me to delete the install and contrib folders, I do this then click the link at the bottom which says finish install.

When I click on this link I am presented with nothing, just a blank white page with absolutely no text anywhere, this is the same no matter which page I point my browser too, an example would be login.php, index.php, album.php, adm/index.php and so on.

I have a feeling its something to do with the templates but cannot be sure any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE EDIT

It's alright I have figured it out, the default.cfg file had not uploaded correctly, I get this sometimes when using ftp the config files will not upload correctly and I have to manually upload through my web sever admin panel insted.

Anyway it looks good MG going to give it a good test now.

Thanks for the update you are a GOD.

DaggersSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

a month ago i make a trial forum with Icy Phoenix.
Just to learn it before put it to the main site.
now i have to install it again but i don't care because i'm sure that this one is much better than the old one.

and know one question.
the new one (beta1) is it based on phpbb2 or on phpbb3 ?
sorry but my English are not to good.
i read it some times but.............     

Greg VersoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

i m installing beta 1

its realy nice option which is not availebal hi old version my i ask one quation ?

where is Ads and Banners system

nickkkdonSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Greg Verso wrote: [View Post]
a month ago i make a trial forum with Icy Phoenix.
Just to learn it before put it to the main site.
now i have to install it again but i don't care because i'm sure that this one is much better than the old one.

and know one question.
the new one (beta1) is it based on phpbb2 or on phpbb3 ?
sorry but my English are not to good.
i read it some times but.............     

phpBB2.  It's nearly a hybrid if you think about it though.

Either way, Icy Phoenix > phpBB3.

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks MG for the great work.
I have done a fresh install without problems.

nickkkdon wrote: [View Post]
where is Ads and Banners system

It is in CMS or directly cms_ads.php

TheSteffenSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

i dunno if this is problem or what...

loged in i dont see calendar in header
 call2

and when i log out i see it
 call

and this can also confirm chaotic ... same to him also  

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

TheSteffen wrote: [View Post]

It is in CMS or directly cms_ads.php

thanks bro

one more problem when i m login admin panal my id automectic logoff and redirect to login page may time

nickkkdonSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List