Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Black Pearl - Update To 1.6.3 - What Is Changed? 

Hello there!

I got the old Version Black Pearl 1.6.0 with Phpbb 3.0.6.
So i have to update/fresh install phpbb 3.0.8 now.
Unfortunely i changed the whole Black Pearl, to fit my visions/wishes on my forum.

So i have this Quesion for you:
Can you please tell me, what do you have changed since 1.6.0 to 1.6.3?
And to prevent wasted time: At wich date do you wish to release 1.6.4?

Please answer me, because i need this few Informations. It would be really hard work for me, to change again my whole Black Pearl.
Thank you very much!
(please give me a PN if you wish to get my url - but i think you already know me )

Best Wishes from northgermany...testi ^^

GhostsearcherSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Black Pearl - Update To 1.6.3 - What Is Changed? 

I do believe that there is a section that is SPECIFIC for phpBB3 - - - As in "phpBB 3 MODS And Styles" - and it would be nice to see you phpBB3 users posting in the correct forums.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

If it's there: I couldn't find it.
Helpful post BTW.  

Back to topPage bottom

How quickly Mr. ...Ikel forgets hehehehe ...maybe i should have left a shadow topic just to annoy Mort  (just kidding   )

Great seeying you back here Test ..glad you still like your style (i must admit i lost the secret link but did keep it secret as i remember you requested that )

first of all it's not what MG wants to change ..it's more what phpbb changes in updates, so 1.64 will only see daylight in two cases:

- phpbb comes with a new update and MG will follow quickly
- some big errors would be in 1.63 ( i still asume there are none, but i must admit i still have to do the update from 1.62>1.63 too)

You've made it a bit harder for yourself by ignoring the passed updates (in both phpbb and
pearl)
Best way to go at this now i think would be to check every inbetween update and find the list of changed files, compare those files to yours using WinMerge (free) wich will tell you the differences and where they are

if you are updated to 1.61 you may want to search my old posts because there is a manual posted by me to go from 1.61 to 1.62 (wich makes it a piece of cake to make this step)

unfortunately i have failed and am still failing to be able to create a similar update manual for 1.62 to 1.63   (the whole reason why i haven t gotten arround to complete my own update too)

Greetings,
...Joshua203

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Hiiiii Joshua203!  

It's nice to see you again here, too.  
Yeah, i still love this theme "Black Pearl". I had to change many things, as you could/can see. And because of that i can editing my posts here, it's my url to my board.
(BTW you can see more webpages if you delete the "forum.")
And as you can see, the theme is almost totally changed and yay, believe in me, it was hard work to make everything to my visions and wishes, how to i want my forum as i like it. (whata baaad english^^)

But the fact is: Yeah, i missed some Updates on both sides - phpbb and black pearl. But i didn't realized that, because i thought it's not importent to the theme.
And now i want to update phpbb and thought to my self: hey, whats about my style? Is it compatible after the upgrade?
Thats the way. ^^

Now let us turn to the subject. (thx god for google-translate *rofl*)
Quote:
maybe i should have left a shadow topic just to annoy Mort

YES!  

Quote:
You've made it a bit harder for yourself by ignoring the passed updates (in both phpbb and pearl)

Well well....

Quote:
compare those files to yours

I guess i have only this type of choice, because...
Quote:
if you are updated to 1.61[...]

Nope. I'm still using version 1.60.

I guess the only way is to compare the versions 1.60 with 1.63. (and i hope it's not so much ^_^)
(Thank you very much for the hint with "WinMerge"!!!!!!!!!)

Please believe in me, i wanted to do a fresh install of the theme, but....uhhhhhh....so much changes i've maded for a long time ago, i can't remember that.
Long time ago i thought: Well, i can remind me evertime and about every changes. HAHAHAHAHA
So yeah, blame on me - I have to go in the imprisonment. ^.^ (german=> Kerker)

Now we can say the "problem" is solved now, however you can tell.

Thank you very much for reminding me and...
...und wie immer einen netten Gruß auf deutsch hinterlasse: Beste Wünsche und Grüße aus dem hohen Norden, testi ^_~
(Oranje wint het kampioenschap! => thx to: google-translate )

Back to topPage bottom

well let me tell you i m one of the few that hates championships hahaha ..last time i blew the vouvouzela (is that how you write it?) was when we lost the final game ...now my neighbours dont like me anymore hehehehe

ok back to topic...

if you want to go to 1.63 in one step i would download all inbetween packs (1.61/1.62/1.63) and open all their docs folders collect all changed files from there and winmerge only those ... this would at least make the compare/edit list  a hell of alot shorter

About your site ..yeah that's what i remember (you changed the topic a bit?) i just lost the url so i never visited again after leaving a chat message at a certain new years eve?¿?

Feel free to post here if you have problems updating and i would appreciate it if you mark this topic solved when you are done

Goodluck  

EDIT:

PS:
Quote:
But the fact is: Yeah, i missed some Updates on both sides - phpbb and black pearl. But i didn't realized that, because i thought it's not importent to the theme.

right not important to the theme but important for security- and bug-fixes usually!

Edited by Joshua203, Fri 17 Dec, 2010 18:36: added a PS
Back to topPage bottom

Hiho! ^^

Thank you for reply. I had a bit to lough since i read your post. Poor Neighbours. *LOL*
And yapp, i changed my goaltitle/topic from my forum to a more neutral, if you know what i mean. It is still the same, but it has no specific focus anymore.

So and i have good and bad news today. (this topic here is still not solved )
I've updated my complete forum. Phpbb 3.0.6 to 3.0.8 and of course Black Pearl from 1.6.0 to 1.6.3.

And i did a big respect and a lot of time to change/merge the files. (only blackpearl, not phpbb. i've updated phpbb by auto-update to 3.0.8!)
The Bad News:
I got a strange sideeffect in my attachment!

Please have a look here to my attachment post: clickme (link removed)
As you can see, you don't see a picture. (should be the windows image "structure")
BUT you see the forumtitel/navigation.  

Do you know what it is or could be wrong?
I tried to copy back the originalfiles before i changed everything: postingxxx.html, attachment..., viewtopic...., viewforum etc, but it doesn't have an effect.
Now i need your help, please.

Can you help?
Thank you very much!

Best Greetings, Testi ^^

EDIT:
Oh, i forgot something. Please take a look for the index.php of my forum and scroll down til end. (footer)
You will see this: { UNREAD_POSTS } NO_UNREAD_POSTS     { NO_UNREAD_POSTS }
Something is wrong... -.-"

Last edited by Ghostsearcher on Sun 19 Dec, 2010 18:40; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

I hope i understand correct that you are missing the image background in attachment header? (background pic behind "dateinanhänge:" ?)

Please check if you hace this code in bbcode.html:
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
<div class="attachtitle">{L_ATTACHMENT}:</div><div class="attachcontent">

if it's there ...check to find attachtitle in stylesheet.css and see if it points to a background pic

if the above is yes check to see if the pic exists in the correct directory

--------------------

your second question ... you forgot to update the language ?

Back to topPage bottom

Hi Joshua!

Thx for helping me.

Unfortunely i don't mean the Background image in "Dateianhänge". Please take a close look: It is no picture, it is the navigation of the forum.   This is not the attachment, it is the failure/mistake and i can't find the code to fix it.

IF it would works, then you could see the attachment what i uploaded. It's a simple example image from the windows folder and it's called "structure". Structure is just a simple attachment.

The second Problem makes me mad.
How can i "update the language"? LOL Please explain me, because i donÄt know what you mean exactly.
Thank you very much!

*still working on my forum and search file per file for the mistakes*

Back to topPage bottom

it does n't show what you ve attached?

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
    <p class="bc-header">
        <a href="">Foren-Übersicht</a>&nbsp;»&nbsp;<a href="./viewforum.php?f=10">Chillout-Zone</a>&nbsp;»&nbsp;<a href="./viewforum.php?f=17">Off-Topic</a>
    </p>

Edit:
oooh and the language (don t get mad ... get even   ) you ve downloaded german language in the past right? you need to get the updates for that too  

PS..... I now see an attached Tree BTW  

Back to topPage bottom

Hello!

No i'm on it. I compare and compare and find out where the attachment mistake (by me) is. It was the line with flash. The changing i've had to made was, to change [...]DOWNLOAD[...] to [...]VIEW[...]
So and in this procedure i've made a mistake with winmerge, i guess. Can't remind it exactly. But it was a simple mistake by me i believe. I backuped the old original file, then change it right to the version 1.6.3 and: Voilà it works!
Now the attachment works normaly again!
Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
it does n't show what you ve attached?

Yeah, that WAS the problem. Now it's fixed. Yeah yeah yeah

Quote:

oooh and the language (don t get mad ... get even   ) you ve downloaded german language in the past right? you need to get the updates for that too  

Ehrm...no. I downloaded in the past the original blackpearl 1.6.0 and just renamed the folder (imageset) from "en" to "de".
All, really all other translations was in with phpbb 3.6 (german translated) and with my own, manually maded translations.

For now exist just one problem: It is the footer area in the "index_body.html".
I'm still working on it after send this message to ya and i will edit this post in few minutes again, if i can say solved or not.
Please be patient!

Ich danke Dir sehr für Deine Hilfe!

~~~~

EDIT
Hmm i think it's in the common.php! Seems to be, there are no strings in the localisation.
I'll be back in a few minutes!

Back to topPage bottom

yes it will probably be in common.php I think UNREAD was updated from NEW or something like that

but if you want to be sure that you catch all changes you really need the updated lang files/changes

Back to topPage bottom

Well, just a minute ago i've update now all my language files from https://www.phpbb.de/downloads/sprachpakete.php ("Du"- Version)

And it doesn't work. -.-"
I remind me, since black pearl 1.6.0 i got these (footer-translation) problem. Either theres no text or now it's all as strings.   And the one "Forum gesperrt" doesn't really work proper. Just hover to see it what i mean. ^^

But the Problem is, i can't solve this alone. I need a bit help, because i've updated the language files and how i said, it doesn't works and i don't know where i can work further for fixing it nice and proper. You know what i mean?

Can you help me this time again, please?
It would the last thing in my world-of-problems.  

Danke! ^^

EDIT:
Here's the problem:
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. <tr> 
  2.     <td width="20" align="center">{FORUM_UNREAD_IMG}</td> 
  3.     <td><span class="gensmall">{L_UNREAD_POSTS}</span></td> 
  4.     <td>&nbsp;&nbsp;</td> 
  5.     <td width="20" align="center">{FORUM_IMG}</td> 
  6.     <td><span class="gensmall">{L_NO_UNREAD_POSTS}</span></td> 
  7.     <td>&nbsp;&nbsp;</td> 
  8.     <td width="20" align="center">{FORUM_LOCKED_IMG}</td> 
  9.     <td><span class="gensmall">{L_FORUM_LOCKED}</span></td> 
  10. </tr> 

Like you said: It is changed now from NEW to UNREAD.
But also NEW isn't working proper, if i remind me right.

Back to topPage bottom

I must admit i have not really read your reply but downloaded a langpack at your link...

looks to me you have reason to complain to THEM   ....this lang pack says it's for 3.08 but in fact it looks older or at least not updated fully

try this link?

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/t..._honorifics%29/

this looks better to me  

Never trust the Germans LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL

Back to topPage bottom

hey hey.

Testi is´nt the only german round here, kaaskopp  

Last edited by spydie on Sun 19 Dec, 2010 18:35; edited 1 time in total 
spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List