Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Admin Sidebar Nav Links In ACP 

I am working on a project and looked until I was blue in the face and I can not for the life of me find the file for the ACP that lists all the links in the nav links for the Cash mod. can anyone point me to that file please? I promise I did search the forums and dug through the files for a couple hours with no such luck.

Also Under the Cash/Points nav link when I click management, it takes me to the next page which is in this screen shot. I need to find this file too. I have literally found all but.

screenshot_1_1471142522_415410  

Thanks guys I appreciate the help in finding these two files. This project should keep me busy for a day or two  

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Admin Sidebar Nav Links In ACP 

Your templates for the plugins are generally in the plug-in themselves.

For example the one below is the one you have in the picture..

ip/plugins/cash/adm/templates/cash_menu.tpl

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I actually just found a php file I was looking for. I'll go have a look at the templates as well but I believe php is gonna be what I am after.

I found 2 very serious problems that I was attempting to fix without reinforcements. It might be beyond my scope of expertise though. I shall know more here in a bit.

Back to topPage bottom

Most times the .php file bears the same file name as the .tpl file. And I usually use Notepad++ to make comparisons if I'm looking to associate what files belong to what - Like so.

capture_1471145494_394581

And something tells me that the path in admin_cash.php - Line 157 has the wrong CONSTANTS for the path and should be CASH_ADM_TPL_PATH

Last edited by mort on Sun 14 Aug, 2016 05:38; edited 1 time in total 
mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Well, I found my files I was after. Thanks for the tips Mort.  However, this one may be above my skill level. I may just have to report this one and call it good.  This one has to do with wrong links and no SID being appended to the links in the ACP. And I could see where this might be a real big issue. I am going to work on this tonight until I am blue in the face. I refuse to give up so easily. I will admit, I have no clue how to make a link append a sid.

Mort, is it ok if I maybe post a screen shot or two and ask for general advice?

*EDIT*
Upon  reading your reply Mort, I think you stumbled upon the same thing that I am attempting to work on. I clicked this and that until i could not click any more and in the process found 2 very serious issues with cash plugin. Well, 1 serious and one not so serious, just annoying.

Last edited by MWE_001 on Sun 14 Aug, 2016 05:45; edited 1 time in total 
Back to topPage bottom

Screen-shots are really helpful to actually show what one means because sometimes it's hard to get across. So fire away as often as you think it will help.

And I did edit my post above, but a little too late I think.

Because something tells me that the path in admin_cash.php - Line 157 has the wrong CONSTANTS for the path and should be CASH_ADM_TPL_PATH

And that's been a problem with quite a few plugin files as there are NO .tpl files in this path ADM_TPL So all the cash Mod php files will have to be checked for that and converted to CASH_ADM_TPL_PATH.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Here we go Mort.

pic 1 is the nav menu on left no biggie

screenshot_2_1471146534_566577

Now clicking the management link we go here

screenshot_3_1471146566_116034

Now I click cash configuration and I get this (notice no SID inserted with link so goes to index)

screenshot_4_1471146619_546004

If we click this to switch to sidebar menu

screenshot_5_1471146667_734697

We get this when clicking links in the sidebar menu. If someone is not so savvy, they might not be able to get back to config to switch it back.

screenshot_6_1471146735_317844

Improper link. It left out the plugins path.

This is what I am trying to fix and am not quite sure how to do it. I really wanted to do it so I didn't have to bother anyone with it. But it might be beyond my scope.

On a side note, the title of this post may now be better suited, Cash Mod Help or something of the such.

Back to topPage bottom

I don't know why it uses two menus on the one page?

Try this.

cash_menu.tpl

Find:

<td class="row1"><a href="{menucat.menuitem.U_ADMIN}" class="gen"{menucat.menuitem.S_TARGET}>{menucat.menuitem.L_TITLE}</a></td>

Replace With:

<td class="row1"><h4>{menucat.menuitem.L_TITLE}</h4></td>

And those ADM_TPL paths I mentioned earlier will have to be addressed - and I think there's 5 of them (Bloody Memory!)

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

That info will give me a little project to try to get through today.

As far as the menu goes, I think that was kind of stupid of the original author of said mod to do int he fist place. IMO, the best option after clicking management in the left nav links would have been to go tight to cash_config. Now the switching to sidebar nav in the config page, that can cause major issues if someone does not know how to get back to config to reset it so they are not stuck on 404 error pages.

I almost wonder if the masses would not like it better to go right to the cash_config as I mentioned? If not, I'm sure a guy can code it on his own time to by pass the double menu on one page. I think we are in the same thought process Mort.  

Ill look in to those ADM paths tonight. My company that I have had from Wednesday til now just left so I'm gonna relax in the quietness (heavenly quietness) and then get to it here in a bit.

Thanks for the thoughts and tips. Much appreciated!

**EDIT**

Ok Mort here is a quick update. Thanks for that tpl edit. It made them links a simple description instead of a bad link now which to me, is perfectly acceptable and more so better off used than links as a 2nd menu anyhow.

Now while I was at it I found a couple more errors that I fixed.

screenshot_7

This error is a bad footer link in cash currencies if you try to delete a currency.

The fix is to:

OPEN plugins/cash/adm/cash_currencies.php
FIND (First Instance)
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
include('page_footer_admin.' . PHP_EXT);

REPLACE WITH
include(IP_ROOT_PATH . ADM . '/page_footer_admin.' . PHP_EXT);

FIND (2nd Instance)

REPLACE WITH

SAVE AND CLOSE FILE

This file also has 2 instances of ADM_TPL that MUST remain that way. It will bust the link to confirm_body.tpl if changed.

screenshot_8_1471216208_518661

Same error as above this time in cash_reset.php

OPEN plugins/cash/adm/cash_reset.php
FIND

REPLACE WITH

EOM CLOSE AND SAVE FILE

Also, the ADM_TPL instances in this file 2x MUST remain the same or will bust the links to confirm_body.tpl.

I still can not figure out how, when in cash_config one switches nav to sidebar, to fix the links to the files. Right now if I try it the links take me to 404 error pages. I can not find the links to fix them. Not sure which file it is.

Back to topPage bottom

My problem is that I just don't know enough about phpBB/Icy Phoenix any more and I really don't have the desire or the capacity to re-learn all of the new scripting. And between MG and Informpro Icy Script has been so "personalised" that for me it's like re-learning from scratch.

Not something I can do these days because of concentration and confusion problems with the drugs I have to take. Not to mention my age and all of the other associated problems.

So apart from just cleaning out the spammers, sincerely, it's time I stopped trying to do much else.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I hear ya bud. I figured out real quick when I dug in to the files it was far from phpBB anymore. I am feeling my way around. None the less Mort, I do appreciate all the pointers you have given me thus far. It actually got me closer to where I needed to be and allowed me to fix a few other errors as I went. i thank you very much for the support.

I will try to refrain from babbling in the forums anymore on this until MG or Informpro come along to help me out. If I break it, it is only a test site any how It is fun trying. I am enjoying not laying in bed with my back.

Back to topPage bottom

Hehehe. Thanks for the quickfix.

Were I to give my honest opinions... I agree. I don't like how the cash plugin has its own menu instead of using the ACP (Makes a bit more sense in the album).

MG will pull youe fixes

Thanks mort as well :).

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hey mods this one quickly went to a Cash Mod thread. Why not move it over to my other cash mod thread so we can keep it all in one place maybe?

http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9621

I have a couple other minor tweaks I need to put in the fixes as well still. I figure it might just as well be in one place.

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for your fixes!

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: FIXED Admin Sidebar Nav Links In ACP 

Not a problem at all. As always, glad to help the community in any way that I can. I am still trying to figure out the file structure. It is much different than what I am used to.

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List