Icy Phoenix

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Some News About Icy Phoenix 

Informpro wrote: [View Post]
Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
That is the main reason why I didn't do that yet... unfortunately there are no good coders here who are willing to actively help projects development

On what are you basing to say this ? ... I have skills PHP for doing great things, but I'm not wanting to coding something like IcyPhoenix, because the core is not very stable at this moment: Every version, I do some correction when I check modifications, but ... There is some MOD using phpBB2 core, and others using phpBB 3 ...

What do you mean the core is not very stable? Do you have errors or you are experiencing blackouts? If so, please use the forum to post your issues and I will look into them.

Regarding your coding skills I just quote my previous post...
I have not said that "THERE ARE NO GOOD CODERS HERE"... I have written a different thing which is "THERE ARE NO GOOD CODERS HERE WHO ARE WILLING TO ACTIVELY HELP" which is a really different thing.

Please read carefully.

This is open source world... if you want to contribute to the project, you are very welcome.

Think me or not ... Tell me which feature are you wanting to remove ...
I think there is alot of feature that have to be totally recoded for respect the phpBB3 core ... But remove feature is not a great idea ...

I still don't know which things I will remove, currently I am updating the whole thing, but I think I will drop something during the way, especially old MODS which code I don't like and which doesn't fit well in the package.

I can't tell anything more about that yet, because no decisions have been taken and I have to evaluate things properly before deciding about the new package structure.

What I'm taking care of now is just modularity, performance and SEO.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

For "the core is not very stable", I have edited my post, and there is in the quote this sentence: "There is some MOD using phpBB2 core, and others using phpBB 3 ..." It's a big problem (@ edited post ...)

Actually, I'm not working on IcyPhoenix for one reason: I'm working on the translation ...

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

No problem... we are open source, so you decide the priority of what you would like to do here!

I'm not asking you to be active here, this is an hobby after all.

We can speak further about develpments in another specific topic if you wish.

Thanks for your feedback so far.

Back to topPage bottom

Yes, I know that It's an Open Source Community - And that's why I'm here

Yes, this is an hobby, and I know that u have never ask somebody to be active here - Just in case that you can assure support, by exemple. And you just ask, not impose ...

MG wrote: 
We can speak further about develpments in another specific topic if you wish.
It's a good idea ... I think there is alot of things to say (not bad !)

MG wrote: 
Thanks for your feedback so far.
IcyPhoenix is very important for me, I like this CMS (and the community, LOL), and when I have opinion, I say my opinion

Thanks for reading

Back to topPage bottom

I would like to contribute more to this project, because I think icyphoenix has a great future.
But to be honest, I don't  know a lot about php, I am only familiar with html  

But, I am currently busy with posting the most important important mods in a support forum on my board, and busy with making a separate page which shows cool mods, themes et cetera for dutch people!

In regards to the changes in future versions: would be cool!
Maybe customizations/ modifications could be made something like the acitivity mod.
If users just have to upload some files in the right folder, and have a minimal of codes to edit (just one file for the activity mod!).
This way people who like a certain customization, for example knowledge base, link mod or other mods who are a bit old, could be activated using the ACP, and with downloading the correct package.

Thanks for doing the hard stuff MG, no IP without you!  

OwnageWorldSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

A Constant switch :O ?

Back to topPage bottom

OwnageWorld wrote: [View Post]
Maybe customizations/ modifications could be made something like the acitivity mod.
If users just have to upload some files in the right folder, and have a minimal of codes to edit (just one file for the activity mod!).

Yes, but that doesn't change things, as I am the one in charge of updating Activity MOD as well...

If you notice there are also other features in Icy Phoenix which are constants or switch driven, so when you disable the constant or the switch no DB or CPU charge will be affected by those mods, only memory required to execute the script will be a bit higher.

I will think about the best way to go and I will let you know what I will decide about extra features which are not so popular and could be moved apart from the main package.

If someone would like to help with those packages it will be highly appreciated.

Back to topPage bottom

If someone would like to help with those packages it will be highly appreciated.

I am always willing to help.. you know my capabilities just need to point me in the direction you want help with...

As my work is on the shelf for now.. as I have enrolled in college.. to learn more i have more free time...

which i am at present... updating and making mods and more themes for icy...

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for the offer, currently I just need debugging.

As soon as I have finished with basic modifications to the core files I will update SVN, so you can help me with some tests.

Back to topPage bottom

IP forever!

paxSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode