Icy Phoenix

Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Designing Lightning Phoenix 

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
Answer is too easy... so no prizes for those who will answer correctly!  

This sort of thing I find disappointing from someone who is a Programmer in his own right.

Please get off the "browser-bashing" because you and others here think that FF is the greatest.

Please help me to understand why YOU Lopalong are the only one allowed to BASH everything and everyone here while myself am not even allowed.

It seems clear enough to me that I was just joking, and I wasn't suggesting everyone to not use any other browser. I have always taken care of IE and God only knows how many hours I spent so far to make Icy Phoenix compatible with MS browsers... so please stop talking or supposing about things you seems to not be aware of.

The fact that IE is following W3C compliancy, that is not true at all, and I can show you how many W3C approved properties are still not supported or processed correctly by IE. Also PNGs are still not fully supported...

But I don't want to continue in supporting your "contrarian" spirit here.

This new template will work in IE, but it will be displayed differently on how it is on other browsers.

Thanks for sharing the "border-radius.htc" trick, I will check how it works.

Have a great 2010!

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Yeah, I deserved that for being so negative - maybe I do take things too seriously - But that's how I am.

Anyway, I had a look at the border-radius.htc trick and have a sample here.

h**p://members.iinet.net.au/~davelloyd/border-radius.html

It may be useful - Maybe not, but as far as the div's go there is a lot of potential to create quite "colourful" themes.

And as far as I can see - Works with FF - IE8 and IE8 Compatibility view.

Happy New Year.  

Back to topPage bottom

Ups, messed up.

Sorry.

EledranSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
[....]
This style uses the new CSS properties for rounding corners of blocks, and of course not all browsers will support these... try to guess on your own which one of the major browsers is still not supporting these CSS properties?

Answer is too easy... so no prizes for those who will answer correctly!  

[...]

Lightning Phoenix

Umm, let me guess a bit around....

-IE
-Netscape
-Opera
-Firefox 2 series?

Chrome would have no problems with new CSS codes as long as it has been develop with Firefox's core (even the $HTTP_USER_AGENT of chrome confuses a bit as it returns Mozilla Firefox...)

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I have fixed some small glitches and (hopefully) improved the overall looking of this template.

Regarding IE, the HTC trick doesn't work fine... after 2 hours of testing I couldn't understand why (maybe IE it isn't able to round nested DIVS... just guessing!) so I have created a new CSS IE specific, so the template should not look messy in IE. Of course it is not rounded for IE yet. I may decide to leave things as is... until MicroSoft decides to implement CSS3 properties in their browsers.

Back to topPage bottom

You're right. IE is not able to.

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

h**p://members.iinet.net.au/~davelloyd/border-radius.html

The only problem I see with IE is whether or not the link is opened either in Tab or Window, and if it's opened in a Window and then expanded it needs to be refreshed.

MG wrote: 
I may decide to leave things as is... until MicroSoft decides to implement CSS3 properties in their browsers.

Could be a smart move.

informpro wrote: 
You're right. IE is not able to.

Not able to what?

As there are more browsers than FF and IE in the market place, I wonder if you would like to use your valuable expertise with browsers and check all of them out for possibly the same problem - Also remember while you're doing it that there's "Linux-Based" browsers who also may not yet be up to speed.

A Glossary on current browsers from you that don't use or recognise CSS3 would be of some use I'm sure.

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks David for posting again that link.

Unfortunately I already tested that in Icy Phoenix and it doesn't work. It does work on a stand alone page, but it doesn't when integrated in Icy Phoenix, or at least in this style.

It took me at least 2 hours of testing, with no success.

If you wish (and if you have some free time) I may pass you this style and have a run.

I guess there is something in the "onload" method that conflicts with other functions.

Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong, IE is not able to read the CSS3 property as border-radius.

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: 

But it doesn't when integrated in Icy Phoenix, or at least in this style.

I think you're right about the nested div's, because I do recall with IE8 beta? when I played with it and some IP styles, I had to change some nested div's to <p for the whole thing to come together and not be broken up.

Now, I'm NOT pro-IE, but from my somewhat limited experience if it works 100% with IE it also validates with FF. And I've said before somewhere in my travels - "While FF will fix errors on the run - IE makes no allowances for any type of errors".

Such is the beast!

Mighty Gorgon wrote: 

If you wish (and if you have some free time) I may pass you this style and have a run.

Why not? but just remember that I'm the learner on the block - - - But I may either have more time to play, or stubborn enough to hopefully find out some answers. So by all means PM me a link to the D/L

Informpro wrote: 

Lopalong, IE is not able to read the CSS3 property as border-radius.

We already know and knew that - - - We're generally now talking about the htc file and either it's shortcomings, merits or Icy Phoenix's incompatibility to use it.

Maybe you would like to also test it?

Back to topPage bottom

The style looks good, and loads really fast. So I cant wait to download it!

Good work!

OwnageWorldSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
Mighty Gorgon wrote: 

Why not? but just remember that I'm the learner on the block - - - But I may either have more time to play, or stubborn enough to hopefully find out some answers. So by all means PM me a link to the D/L

Here is the link for the latest version of this template (working with latest SVN package... I don't know how it will fit on Icy Phoenix 1.3).

Lightning Phoenix

Thank you for your time.

Back to topPage bottom

No problems! But I do really have a lot of other things to do, so I wont be running with this.

I played with the htc file and used the script / markup that came with it to do some simple tests.

Don't know what's blocking it with icy phoenix, because a view-source "html" of phpBB.com and Icy Phoenix renders the curves ok with IE8?

So it cant be nested divs, I don't think. It's also not the mime type that I thought may have confused IE.

Anyway, here's a shot of IE8 with the border radius hard-coded around some CFG vars, and it's a bit rough for want of doing a re-path of the images in the V-S markup, but it's good enough and does possibly eliminate some problems.

Edit:

Also, and I'm sure if I don't have to tell you this - - - - IE8 and its damn blocking of files from "Another Computer" creates even more problems when it blocks the .htc file.

So if you're testing local  - -  you may want to check all of the file properties etc.

OT!

Did you know that you have more trouble than a cat in a dog pound if you try to to start (Local) Apache and MySQL when Skype is active?

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for reporting, I will investigate where the conflicts are next time I wanted to waste some time for IE.

I also discovered that another JS I wanted to run with IP is conflicting with some onload events, both issues may also be related.

I will report if I come to a solution.

Back to topPage bottom

Search in prototype x]. Or things as
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. if(window.onload)  
  2. {  
  3.   onload_funcs = window.onload;  
  4.   window.onload = function()  
  5.   {