Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Lightning Storms And Power Surges. 

What's the weather like in Italy and France?

Because Oh Brother !

We had one hell of storm pass through here in South Australia and it literally "pissed" down with rain, hail, lightening and blackouts!  

And to top it off - we had one hell of a power surge that took out power grid transformers, sub-stations and blew up a whole of of electrical appliances!

i lost my laptop (Motherboard, power supply, memory, processor and all the SSD's, iPad, three WiFi phones, one iPhone  one 7 port USB hub, 8 Plug-packs,  one 1000w drilling machine that I was actually holding at the time - and when it hit my arms it went straight up about 12 /15  feet and smashed the handle and switch to pieces when it landed.)

Yeah, a lot of fun - "IF" you're a photographer or Storm-Chaser!

And we're still arguing with the insurance company as to who is at responsible to make good the damage - Them or God!

This will be a perfect example of the damage that can be caused and the non-believers in Climate Change will soon get the message as soon as it starts affect them! - Like in QLD at the moment with copping Cyclonic after Cyclonic weather.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Lightning Storms And Power Surges. 

Hi my friend, it's very sad to read that you suffered all that damage at once!  

I hope at least you are fine.

It's not common (at least in Italy) to have storms like that... luckily I would say... even if as a photographer it would be nice to get some photos... but at which price!

I hope your insurance company will cover the damage.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Lightning Storms And Power Surges. 

we have witnessed weather like no other here in the states this year as well. I do have a camera and love taking pics but not at that cost that s for sure.

Hope you guys are doing as well as can be.

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List