Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post OTF Explained 

OTF ( On The Fly ) Gallery is a unique feature of FAP which allows authorized users to upload a folder containing mutliple pictures to the album.
An authorised user can be anyone with FTP access to the folder album_mod/uploads/otf
Once a folder is uploaded, it's pictures can be migrated to a specific album category by the albums' administrator.

Though it's primary purpose is for uploading and merging multiple pictures to the main album, OTF can also be used as a simple gallery system. Simple in the fact that the pictures can be viewed from the album's OTF Gallery link, but no commenting, rating, etc is available. However, once a picture has been moved into the main album, all of the album's feature become available for it.

How it's used.

An authorized user FTP's a folder and it's image contents to album_mod/uploads/otf
Thumbnails and categories (based on the FTP'd folder name) will be automatically generated.
Pictures are immediately viewable by visitng the OTF Gallery.
Selecting the category (folder name) from the drop down list will display thumbnails for all of the pictures in that folder.
A full size image can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding thumbnail.

How to move pictures to the main album (Admin only).

Visit the OTF Gallery while logged in as Admin.
Select the category (folder name) containing the pictures.
Select a destination category from the Upload Pics section near the bottom of the page.

FAQ

I FTP'd some pictures but they don't show up in the OTF Gallery.
You must upload a containing folder of pictures. OTF looks for all subfolders within album_mod/uploads/otf/ and will display all pictures contained within these subfolders. OTF supports only one level of subfolders.

How are my pictures named?
While in the OTF gallery your images maintain the image's filename as it's title. As the images are uploaded to any main album category they are named and numbered sequentially, according to the conatining folders name. Once moved to the main album, the pictures can be renamed if desired.

I moved my pictures to the main album, but when I view the full image, they don't maintain the dimensions I have configured in the ACP.
No image processing is done through OTF. You should resize your pictures before you FTP, if they exceed your ACP settings.

When moving pictures from the OTF Gallery to the main album, does a copy remain in the OTF Gallery?
No, the pictures are moved. The containing folder is not deleted.

Can I move my OTF pictures to separate categories of the main album?
All pictures from any selected OTF category can be moved to a single main album category only.
If want to move them to separate categories, you must include your pics in separate folders before you FTP them...then you can select the folder of your choice and the category to move them to.

ArtieSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: OTF Explained 

Visit the OTF Gallery while logged in as Admin.
Select the category (folder name) containing the pictures.
Select a destination category from the Upload Pics section near the bottom of the page.

I have no destination category from the Upload Pics section near the bottom of the page

jmcmanus51Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

jmcmanus51 wrote: [View Post]

Yes this function could be very usefull.

And another idea is that, a little index page of the uploaded categories is generated. Like the main page of the normal album.

SorrenSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I can't understand what do you mean... this feature has already been implemented and working fine.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Have A Problem With OTF Gallery 

I can see all photos loaded to specific OTF folder on album_otf.php all correct.

The problem appears when I move photos from OTF gallery to any choosen from list on bottom of page and go to view the result -- some photos are cropped, like they are uploaded not on 100% each. For example the image 800x600 could be seen only as 800x570 or so, starting from top. The bottom part of image is missing.

I tried to reduce the size of images or made it smaller in dimensions it doesn't help.

The other thing is how OTF function sorts images on upload. If images named by numbers 001, 002, 003, 004 ... 045, 046 it loads them in reverse order and sometimes we could see some images appear unsorted like 046, 045, 002, 044 ... 004, 001, 003.

How can I manage this?

ecSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Have A Problem With OTF Gallery 

ec wrote: [View Post]
The other thing is how OTF function sorts images on upload. If images named by numbers 001, 002, 003, 004 ... 045, 046 it loads them in reverse order and sometimes we could see some images appear unsorted like 046, 045, 002, 044 ... 004, 001, 003.

How can I manage this?
I use to give a sql command to change the name of the photos, then, they appeard in order

giorgioinfoSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

giorgioinfo wrote: [View Post]

How can I manage this?
I use to give a sql command to change the name of the photos, then, they appeard in order

I will try to review images sorting before uploading them.

Unfortunately PHP consider as standard sorting the order which images have been uploaded into the folder.

Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
giorgioinfo wrote: [View Post]

How can I manage this?

I will try to review images sorting before uploading them.

Unfortunately PHP consider as standard sorting the order which images have been uploaded into the folder.

Hello guys!

First of all, congratulations for Icy Phoenix, awesome forum system!

Now let's talk 'bout OTF, i tried everything, first i uploaded an entire folder, then i uploaded file by file in the order that i want to show in the album but, unfortunetly, none of this work, it seems that OTF choose some kind of weird order to show the pictures in the album. Can anyone help me with this?

Even if the files are with the names in order (001, 002, 003, etc...), they're not show in these order.

giorgioinfo, i'm kinda newbie in SQL programming, can you tell me how is the SQL command that you used to make this work?

Thanx everyone and sorry for my bad english, brazilian guy here!

rafaelySend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I may be wrong... but if I remember well in the latest Icy Phoenix version I should have sorted pictures by name... which version of Icy Phoenix are you using?

Back to topPage bottom

rafaely wrote: [View Post]
giorgioinfo, i'm kinda newbie in SQL programming, can you tell me how is the SQL command that you used to make this work?

Please be carefully, I'm not a SQL programmer, as you I'm a newbie. I used, when I used FAP, this sql command
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. update phpbb_album set pic_title = pic_desc where pic_id >= "13577" 

The number was the last pic id number that seems to be ok.
Don't use if your not sure!

giorgioinfoSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Is this only compatible with the latest version of Icy?

knowhimSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

It's in the phpbb section so that's what it's for ... Icy has a superior gallery build in by default

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Icy Phoenix already had this integrated:

Icy Phoenix OTF Gallery

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode