Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Rainbow Pearl Top Bar 

Hello, I'm having some trouble with the top bar of the Rainbow Pearl theme.

I would really like to get rid of that top_header.png graphic in the upper right and let the forum collapse on the main logo.   I tried to just delete it in the css style sheet but it still kept an extra margin in there and blank space.

Also, I need to have the site name listed so it is in the browser bar and correlates with the registration emails.  I do not want it up on the site however as you may notice and can't figure out how to remove it.  I have already tried to delete it in the overall header html file to no vail.  

Thanks for any help you can give.  I appreciate it very much.

http://www.free-cabbage.com/forum/

goblueSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Rainbow Pearl Top Bar 

kill me if i understand what you want
is this you want to get rid off?
mil57a

and about this secont ...can you describe more simple  

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Yes, that is correct.

What you have boxed in, is the image top_header.png.  I believe it is repeated over and over to fill in for higher resolutions.  I would like to force the forum to be a maximum size equal to the top bar logo ending where the sun is.  I would really like to  remove the image  from the template but whenever I do it , it leaves the space blank in black.  

I would also like to find out a way to get rid of the text in black, Free-Cabbage.com.  I understand that if I leave this field blank in the admin control panel, it will fix the problem.  However, it also removes it from the registration emails, and the site bookmark.  As an attempt to fix this problem, I opened the overhead header html file and removed data SITEIMAGE and NAME and it didn't fix the problem.

I have attached the image I refer to in the first part to show you how I tried to trick the artwork to get by, but it just doesn't look right.  That is why I would like to take out the top_header.png and collapse the forum to the size of the logo.

top_header.png
Description:  
Filesize: 2.88 KB
Viewed: 258 Time(s)

top_header.png

Back to topPage bottom

can u post here in spoiler your owerall_header.html and stylesheet.css
or better complete rainbow_pearl in zip or rar ?

Back to topPage bottom

Yes, thanks for looking in to it.

The entire edited version of rainbow pearl is attached in zip form.

rainbow_pearl.zip
Description:  
Download
Filename: rainbow_pearl.zip
Filesize: 865.36 KB
Downloaded: 244 Time(s)

Back to topPage bottom

ok ..i think this shoud work
i needed to resize your image to 942px to fit in header
 freecabbage

here it is

PS. backup your rainbow_pearl style before you try this one

let me know  

rainbow_pearl.rar
Description: for freecabbage 
Download
Filename: rainbow_pearl.rar
Filesize: 1.31 MB
Downloaded: 292 Time(s)

Back to topPage bottom

Ok, it is back uploaded now with the modifications.   I uploaded the entire rar file you sent me to make sure that I didn't miss any changes.  

I wonder if it is something not in the actual rainbow pearl template that is causing it.  I never modified any of the phpbb files after installation and begin with this template by itself.

It seems like something is over riding the template changes.  You may also notice that there is still a slight image problem.  The size of the top bar can be changed to anything, or exactly the size you made it.  I will just re size the artwork after everything is working.

Thank you for looking at this.

Back to topPage bottom

goblue wrote: [View Post]
Ok, it is back uploaded now with the modifications.   I uploaded the entire rar file you sent me to make sure that I didn't miss any changes.  

I wonder if it is something not in the actual rainbow pearl template that is causing it.  I never modified any of the phpbb files after installation and begin with this template by itself.

It seems like something is over riding the template changes.  You may also notice that there is still a slight image problem.  The size of the top bar can be changed to anything, or exactly the size you made it.  I will just re size the artwork after everything is working.

Thank you for looking at this.

what did u do  

unpack my rar at your PC .. when u unpack (u shoud have rainbow_pearl with files in it)
than d o this :
upload mine rainbow_pearl\template\overall_header.html in your rainbow_pearl\template\ (owertire if ask)
upload mine rainbow_pearl\theme\stylesheet.css in your rainbow_pearl\theme\ (owertire if ask)
upload mine rainbow_pearl\theme\images\freecabbage.png in your rainbow_pearl\theme\images\

empty cache ...thats all

let me know  

Back to topPage bottom

Excellent, thank you!  It is working perfectly now thanks to you.

I understand what happened on the upload.  Originally, I did it exactly as you described.  The error was because of the themestyle top image being uploaded.  I needed to remove the image from the themestyle and leave it blank.

Clearing the cache with the purge cache option took care of the text Free-Cabbage.com.

Once again I can't thank you enough for the help and will make a donation to the site in your name.

Back to topPage bottom

goblue wrote: [View Post]

Once again I can't thank you enough for the help and will make a donation to the site in your name.

thank you ... i m glad that helped you  

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List